一、单项选择题(只有一个选项正确，共 40 道小题) 1. – Hi, Tom. How is everything going? – (D) Not bad. 正确答案：D 2. – Long time no see. How are you? – (C) Fine, thank you. 正确答案：C 3. – Nice to meet you. – (B) Nice to meet you, too. 正确答案：B 4. – How is life? – (A) Same as ever. 正确答案：A 5. – How are you doing? – (B) Just so-so. 正确答案：B 6. – How are you getting on with your study? – (C) Terrible.
正确答案：C 7. – How are you getting on？ – (A) Very well. Thank you. 正确答案：A 8. – How do you do? – (A) How do you do? 正确答案：A 9. – Haven’t seen you for ages. How’s it going? – (D) Everything is all right. 正确答案：D 10. – Hello. I’m Susie. – (C) Hi. I’m Jack. Nice to meet you, Susie. 正确答案：C 11. When we learn a foreign language, we should hold that no culture i s inferior _____ the others. (B) to 正确答案：B 12. Can you turn down the _____ of the radio? I have a bad headache and want to have a sleep. (A) voice
(C) volume 正确答案：C 13. The academic achievements are always the students’ _______ conc ern. (A) minor (B) major (C) less (D) inferior 正确答案：B 14. The employee requires that he ______ the right to know the situatio n of the company. (A) have (B) has (C) having (D) had 正确答案：A 15. The kids behave themselves ______ their parents’ presence. (C) in 正确答案：C
16. In the first class in this semester, the teacher started ______ a stor y she experienced during the summer holiday. (C) in (D) with
正确答案：D 17. When she got home after school, she turned on the TV ______ did her homework. (A) but (B) not (C) than (D) rather than 正确答案：D 18. Human beings aren’t ______ mistakes. And I decided to forgive him. (A) with (B) above (C) without (D) within 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：B
19. The three ______ working telephone lines are quite busy following t he earthquake. (A) remaining (B) remained (C) having remained (D) remains 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第一单元]A remain 是不及物动词，remaining 是形容词，意为―剩
20. Nobody can deny that success in study ______ in the flexible meth od and positive attitude. (A) lay (B) lie (C) lies (D) lain 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：C 21. Not until they got married _______ that he is a rude man. (A) she knew (B) had she known (C) she had known (D) did she know 正确答案：D 22. With her children living abroad, she has her house ______ every D ecember. (A) painted (B) paint (C) be painted (D) to be painted 正确答案：A 23. To my surprise, I found the classroom is ______ at 8:00 in the mor
ning. (A) bare (B) blank (C) empty (D) nothing 正确答案：C
25. With user-______ computer, people with little education can also lea rn how to use it. (A) friend (B) friendly (C) friendliness (D) friendship 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第一单元]B 此处需要形容词，B 是形容词，user-friendly 的意思是 ―方便用户使用的，友好的‖
26. His devotion ______ this country made him support 20 poor children to finish school. (A) in (B) for (C) at (D) to
你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第一单元] D devote / devotion 只与介词 to 搭配使用，表示 ―对……奉献‖
27. Their dormitory is ______ ours in decoration. (A) likely to (B) similar to (C) familiar to (D) intended to 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第一单元] B A 的意思是―可能做……‖，B 的意思是―与……相似‖， C 的意思是―与……熟悉‖，D 的意思是―打算做……‖
28. This method is ______ which saves us half of the time and effort. (A) efficient (B) effective (C) influential (D) fruitful 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第一单元]A A 的意思是―有效率的‖，B 的意思是―有效果的‖，C 的 意思是―有影响的‖，D 的意思是―有成效的‖
29. The students’ preference ______ learning online urge the teachers t o learn more about computer and network. (A) with (B) to (C) in (D) for 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第一单元] B prefer / preference 通常与 to 搭配使用，表示 ―对……的青睐‖
30. In one aspect, the seven-day National Day Holiday ______ the stud ents’ distraction from study. (A) as a result (B) as a result of (C) results from (D) results in 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第一单元]D 句子缺少谓语，所以只能在动词短语 C 和 D 中选择， C 的意思是―由原因导致的‖，D 的意思是―导致（结果）‖
31. Good communicative skills are ______ importance to a good leader.
(A) with (B) at (C) of (D) by 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第一单元] C 固定搭配 be of importance 的意思是―对……至关重 要‖
32. Beat in the eggs, one ______. (A) at a time (B) at any time (C) at times (D) at one time 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第一单元] A at a time 意为―每次，一次‖；at any time 意为―任何 时候（都可能会发生）‖；at times 意为―有时‖；at one time 意为(过去)有个时 期; 曾经, 一度；同时
33. ______ dripping of water wears away a stone. (A) constancy (B) constant (C) inconstant
(D) inconstancy 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第一单元]B 先从句子结构分析应该填入形容词，排除 A 和 D；再 按句意―滴水穿石‖看，只能选择 B
34. We’d better focus on the program that caters ______ the needs of children. (A) on (B) with (C) for (D) in 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第一单元]C cater for 为固定搭配，表示―迎合，投合‖
35. This MP3 is ______ that one. (A) as twice expensive as (B) as expensive as twice (C) twice as expensive as (D) twice expensive as 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第一单元]C 表示倍数用 twice as ... as
36. I had my car ______. Would you please pick me up tomorrow morn ing? (A) repair (B) repairing (C) to be repaired (D) repaired 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第一单元] D have sth. done 的意思是―请某人做某事‖
37. There is no reason for you ______ her honesty. (A) not believe (B) not believing (C) not to believe (D) to not believe 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第一单元] C there is no reason for sb. to do sth. 是特殊句型， 意思是―某人没有理由做某事‖
38. Whenever he meets with a new word, he will ______a dictionary. (A) look it up (B) look it in
(C) look it up in (D) look it with 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第一单元]C look sth. up in a dictionary 是固定结构，表示―查字 典‖
39. I didn’t realize he was a famous film star ______ he took off his da rk glasses. (A) when (B) until (C) unless (D) once 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第一单元]B not…until 表示―直到……才‖
40. Due ______technological changes, our life becomes more and more convenient. (A) to (B) in (C) of (D) with 你选择的答案： [前面作业中已经做正确] [正确]
正确答案：A 解答参考：[第一单元] A due to 是固定搭配，表示―由于……‖
（注意：若有主观题目，请按照题目，离线完成，完成后纸质上交学习中心， 记录成绩。在线只需提交客观题答案。) 二、主观题(共 1 道小题) 41. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a co mposition on the topic “Difficulties in Studying English”. You should w rite no less than 80 words. 参考答案：
三、阅读理解、完形填空题(共 5 道小题) 42. How do you acquire confidence? Speak English with friends first bec ause with them you can speak freely without feeling shy. Then try your ability with your teachers and with foreigners if you ha ve an opportunity to meet them. Don’t be afraid of mistakes. Nobody is above mistakes; and don’t be afraid to ask questions about things you don’t know. This is the way to acquire knowledge. Not until you begin to think in English rather than Chinese can you be said to know the language. This is not a superhuman achievement— only a question of practice. Thinking in English will help you to truly un derstand how the language is spoken.
Read novels to build vocabulary, thus gaining confidence. Start with small volumes of 30 to 40 pages. Write down any new word you discov er and look it up in your dictionary. Learn how to use the new word by making sentences with it. Bring the word to your teacher to have it ex plained more fully. Don’t be angry when you learn a new word today and forget it tomo rrow. To forget is a natural process; to remember is unnatural and requi res effort. Of 10 new words learnt in a day, only two or three will remai n in the memory. The others you will forget and have to relearn. When learning them for the second time, they will come more easily, and this time you probably will remember nearly all of them. A small m inority, however, may elude you again, and have to be learnt for a third time. Constant repetition is necessary. [共 5 题] (1) You can gain confidence by speaking English with the following peo ple but ______? (A) foreigners (B) teachers (C) family members (D) friends 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：C (2) When can you be said to know English? (A) When you have confidence with English.
(B) When you have built vocabulary. (C) When you can think in English. (D) When you are not afraid to ask questions. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：C (3) We can build vocabulary in the following ways except ______. (A) reading novels (B) often speaking with foreigners (C) constant repetition of new words (D) looking up the new words in a dictionary, making sentences with th em, etc. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：B (4) What are suggested to do if you always forget the new words? (A) To relearn constantly. (B) To practice more. (C) To read novels. (D) To be angry. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：A (5) What's the best title for the passage? (A) Thinking in English (B) Learning New Words (C) Ways to Gain Confidence with English
(D) Communicating in English 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：C 参考答案： [第一单元]; 第 5 小题：C 主旨题。选项 A―用英语思考‖只与第五段有关，选 项 B―学习新词‖只与第六、七、八段有关，而选项 D―用英语交流‖则偏离了主题。 文章第二段中―The medicine for it is having confidence with the little Engl ish you can speak, and getting rid of your shyness‖ 就把主题带了出来。 因此选 C，在学习英语的过程中如何获得自信。
43. The other day I asked a group of my students how they like to lear n English. The first person to speak up was Max. This was no surprise —unlike many Hong Kong students, Max has never been reluctant to sp eak. ―I like to learn by speaking,‖ said Max. ―I specially love to speak to native English speakers when I can find them. I try to talk to my friends in English, too. Um, what else? I like to watch TV and movies in Engli sh, and I like to learn new words by hearing them.‖ ―How about you?‖ I asked Veronica. ―Do you like to learn in these ways?‖ ―Oh, no,‖ she said, ―I could never learn like that. I need to have a t extbook, and I like the teacher to explain everything to me. I have a no tebook, and I write everything down. I like to study grammar, and I like
to learn by reading. Max says he likes to learn new words by hearing t hem. I like to learn new words by seeing.‖ Veronica’s classmate Jackie was more similar to Max. She said she liked to learn by watching movies and videos. She also liked playing ga mes, listening to cassettes, talking in pairs and practicing
English outside the classroom. The last person to give his opinion was Joseph. Like Veronica, he liked to study grammar, although he didn’t fe el the same need to have a teacher. He liked to learn independently to find his own mistakes, and to read books and newspapers. These four people correspond to four learner ―types‖ that a former c olleague of mine, Ken Willing, found in a study he did some years ago. Max can be classified as a ―communicative‖ learner, Veronica as ―auth ority-oriented‖, Jackie as a ―concrete‖ learner, and Joseph as an ―analyti cal‖ one. [共 5 题] (1) Max likes to learn English by ______. (A) always speaking in English (B) learning new words by hearing them (C) watching TV and movies in English (D) All of the above. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (2) Who likes to learn English by watching movies and videos? (A) Veronica and Joseph
(B) Jackie and Max (C) Jackie and Veronica (D) Joseph and Max 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (3) What’s the similarity between Veronica and Joseph in learning prefer ences? (A) Neither likes to study grammar. (B) Neither likes a teacher to explain what they are learning. (C) Both like to study independently. (D) None of the above. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (4) If Nancy likes to learn English by listening to tapes, watching movie s, talking to others and playing games, what type does she belong to? (A) Communicative. (B) Authority-oriented. (C) Concrete. (D) Analytical. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (5) What’s the main idea of this passage? (A) How to find the way you really like to learn. (B) Four different types of English learner.
(C) How will the teachers do with the four types of learner? (D) I enjoy teaching my students. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 参考答案： [第一单元]; 第 5 小题：B 主旨题。文中作者先列举了四种学习者类型及各自 的学习偏好，最后指出了解学习者类型对于教师和学生自己的意义。因此选 B 最合适。
44. Satellites are an important part of our ordinary lives. For example, th e information for weather forecasts is sent by satellite. Some satellites h ave cameras which take photographs of the Earth to show how clouds are moving. Satellites are also used to connect our international phone calls. Computer connections of the World Wide Web and Internet also use satellites. Many of our TV programs come to us through satellites. Airpl ane pilots also sometimes use a satellite to help them find their exact l ocation. We use satellites to send television pictures from one part of the wo rld to another. They are usually 35,880 kilometers above the equator. S ometimes we can see a satellite in the sky and it seems to stay in the same place. This is because it is moving around the world at 11,000 k ilometers an hour—exactly the same speed that the earth rotates. A sat
ellite must orbit the Earth with its antennae (天线) facing the Earth. Som etimes, it moves away from its orbit, so there are little rockets on it whi ch are used to put the satellite back in the right position. This usually h appens about every five or six days. Space is not empty! Every week, more and more satellites are sent into space to orbit the Earth. A satellite usually works for about 10-12 y ears. Satellites which are broken are sometimes repaired by astronauts or sometimes brought back to Earth to be repaired. Often, very old or b roken satellites are left in space to orbit the Earth for a very long time. This is very serious because some satellites use nuclear power (核动力) and they can crash into each other. [共 5 题] (1) Which of the following is NOT done by satellites according to the pa ssage? (A) Sending information for weather forecasts. (B) Taking photographs of the Earth. (C) Sending TV pictures. (D) Providing food for airplane pilots. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：D (2) What’s the speed the Earth rotates at? (A) 35,880 kilometers per hour. (B) 335,880 kilometers per hour. (C) 11,000 kilometers per hour.
(D) 111,000 kilometers per hour. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：C (3) What does the underlined word ―This‖ in paragraph 3 refer to? (A) A satellite. (B) A little rocket. (C) A satellite seems to stay in the same place in the sky. (D) The satellite puts the rockets in the right position. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：C (4) How would the very old and broken satellites be dealt with? (A) They will be repaired by astronauts. (B) They will be left in space to orbit the Earth for a very long time. (C) They will be brought back to Earth to be repaired. (D) They will be made to crash into each other. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：B (5) What’s the proper title for this passage? (A) The ABC about Satellites (B) Satellites Using Nuclear Power (C) The Speed of Satellites (D) How to Deal With Satellites When They are Old and Broken? 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：A
参考答案： [第一单元]; 第 5 小题：A 主旨题。文章谈及了卫星的基本功用，维修及处理 等基础知识，因此选 A。选项 B 只涉及了文章的最后一句话；选项 C 则只与第 三段的部分句子有关系；选项 D 也只与第四段有关，所以这三个选项均不能概 括全篇文章的主题。
45. Experienced riders who are not too large and fancy taking part in so me of the festive season’s most famous race meetings could be in for an unexpected surprise. This year’s national hunt racing season could be overshadowed beca use the sport’s shortest athletes are facing a shortage of a different kin d. The number of national hunt jockeys (职业赛马骑师) has fallen from 1 23 in 1995 to 70—but the number of meetings has increased. Now offic ials are issuing a plea to any keen riders to apply to the Jockey Club, r acing’s governing body (理事会), for a license to take part in some of th e country’s leading meetings. While meetings are unlikely to be abandoned, some races might onl y involve three horses. Racing officials fear that jockeys might not be a ble to get to all of the meetings in time, particularly on Boxing Day, wh en there will be nine, and on New Year’s Day, when there will be six. National hunt racing is open to professional and amateur (业余的) jo ckeys. Those who think they have the relevant credentials (证明书) need to have extensive riding experience, weigh under 10 stone (63 kg) and
stand at around 5 ft 8 in (173cm). Once the Jockey Club has approve d the license the riders are free to take part in any national hunt race and pit (使竞争) their wits against the likes of Tony McCoy. Racing offici als believe that the shortage has cone about because Britons are gettin g bigger and there are fewer people who meet the sport’s height and w eight requirements. A spokesman for the Jockey Club said: ―There are fewer jockeys wh o are getting a greater number of rides but at least that means they ar e able to earn a good living.‖ He added: ―We are keeping an eye on th e situation. Any sport thrives on new blood and young talent coming thr ough.‖ It is not a case of horse racing being less fashionable but being a jockey is a very demanding lifestyle, particularly in terms of truing to keep your weight down. People are now heavier and bigger and mayb e some just find it too hard to be a jockey. [共 5 题] (1) What does the underlined word ―overshadow‖ in paragraph 3 mean? (A) To make the racing field cool. (B) To face a shortage of horse racing athletes. (C) To make the national hunt racing less enjoyable by making people feel worried. (D) To be taller than the athletes. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：C (2) According to the passage, who may get a license from the Jockey
Club? (A) Tony—168cm—61kg (B) Joe—178cm—63kg (C) Lee—169cm—64kg (D) Michael—172cm—62kg 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：D (3) What's Tony McCoy? (A) A kink of horse which is hard to control. (B) A very famous jockey in history. (C) The manager of the Jockey Club who is not kind to the rider. (D) A Jockey Club. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：B (4) Which of the following statements is TRUE? (A) Horse racing is now not as fashionable as before. (B) The number of national hunt jockeys has fallen as well as the meet ings. (C) The jockeys may not be able to get to all of the meetings in time because there may be many meetings at the same time. (D) It is necessary to have a license and pay a little money to take pa rt in all of the country's leading meetings. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：C
(5) What does the writer want to tell us? (A) This year’s national hunt racing season could be overshadowed. (B) People are getting heavier and bigger. (C) The riders are expected to apply to the Jockey Club. (D) People should pay more attention to their weight so as to make it easier to be a jockey. 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：A 参考答案： [第一单元]; 第 5 小题：A 主旨题。通观全文都在谈论今年赛马比赛所面临的 问题及其原因，因此选 A。
46. To learn with success is not a very difficult task if some fundament al principles are laid __(1)__ to be the bases. In discussing this subject, four indispensable principles should __(2)__ , that is, diligence, devotio n, constancy and punctuality. All things can be conquered by diligence. It __(3)__ the foolish wise, the poor rich, and the humble noble. It produces a wonderful effect. In learning, the work of a diligent fool doubles that of a lazy wit. Devotion means to set our heart __(4)__ one thing at a time and gi ve up all other thoughts. Never think of learning __(5)__ subject while s tudying one thing. Those who often change their studies will never succ eed __(6)__ the long run. Therefore, in order to be successful we need devotion.
Constancy makes success a certainty, while inconstancy often __(7)_ _ in failure. __(8)__ we study day after day, there is nothing that can n ot be achieved. We should remember the proverb, ―Constant dripping of water wears away a stone.‖ __(9)__ these, there is another rule helpful to one’s accomplishment s, that is, punctuality. The habit of keeping a regular time is __(10)__ e xtreme importance to successful learning. ―Work while working; play whil e playing.‖ Every man will certainly become wise and successful if he d oes so. [共 10 题] (1) (A) down (B) on (C) in (D) by 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：A (2) (A) mention (B) mentioning (C) be mentioned (D) mentioned 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：C
(3) (A) takes (B) has (C) does (D) makes 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：C (4) (A) to (B) on (C) in (D) off 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：B (5) (A) other (B) others (C) another (D) either 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：C (6) (A) with (B) in
(C) to (D) by 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：B (7) (A) leads (B) comes (C) makes (D) results 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：D (8) (A) If (B) Although (C) As (D) When 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：A (9) (A) In spite of (B) But (C) In addition (D) Besides 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确]
正确答案：D (10) (A) of (B) with (C) at (D) in 你选择的答案： 前次作业时已经做对 [正确] 正确答案：A 参考答案： [第一单元]; 第 10 小题： A of importance 表示―具有重要性，重要的‖
一、单项选择题(只有一个选项正确，共 40 道小题) 1. – Jack, let me introduce you to my former roommate, Denise Black. – (A) No, I don’t. (B) Yes, please. (C) Nice to meet you. (D) Good! 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元] C 当对方说―让我给你介绍某人‖的时候，你不需要回答
Yes 或 No，只需要直接向第三方问候，所以选 C
2. – Hi. I’m your neighbor. My name is Steve Edwin. – (A) What are you from? (B) Oh. (C) Yes, I know. (D) Hi. It’s good to see you. I’m Jane Peterson. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第二单元] D 当对方问 May I have your name, please 时，并不 仅仅需要你回答 Yes 或 No，从语用学上来说，对方想知道你的姓名，希望你 回答。一般情况下，你应该礼貌地告知对方自己的姓名
3. – May I have your name, please? – (A) Yes. (B) Thank you. (C) Hello. (D) I’m Nancy Brook. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第二单元]A 当对方主动向你作自我介绍时，你应该有礼貌地问候对 方，同时也作自我介绍。所以选 A
4. – Allow me to introduce myself. I’m Whitney. – (A) Nice to meet you. I’m Peter. (B) Yes, you may.. (C) It’s my pleasure. (D) I’m glad. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第二单元] B 当对方说―我想给你介绍某人‖的时候，你不能回答 Yo u are welcome（不用谢）或 Not at all（没关系），你只需直接向第三方问候， 所以选 B
5. – I’d like you to meet Kate. – (A) Yes, I’d like. (B) It’s a pleasure to meet you, Kate. (C) You’re welcome. (D) Not at all. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第二单元] D 当对方主动向你作自我介绍时，你应该有礼貌地问候 对方，同时也可以作自我介绍。所以选 D
6. – Let me introduce myself. I’m Philip. – (A) What a pleasure. (B) It’s my pleasure. (C) I’m very pleased. (D) Pleased to meet you. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第二单元]C 对话中，母亲向 Susan 介绍 Amy 阿姨的女儿 Cath erine，Susan 向 Catherine 问候说 nice to meet you，这时 Catherine 应该 就此也向 Susan 问候 Nice to meet you, too 所以选 C
7. Mum: Susan, come and meet aunt Amy’s daughter, Catherine. Susan: Hi, Catherine, nice to meet you. Catherine: (A) Yes. (B) Fine, thank you. (C) Nice to meet you, too. (D) It’s my pleasure. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元]A 当对方向你介绍他的朋友时，你直接问候这位朋友就可 以了
8. – Professor, this is Jack Black, my friend. – (A) Jack, how are you? (B) Yes, I know. (C) You’re welcome. (D) My pleasure. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第二单元] B 当对方问：―你不认识 Jane，是吗？‖，他并不只需要 你回答 Yes 或 No，在语用学上，对方的言下之意是要给你介绍 Jane。如果 你认识 Jane，只回答 Yes 不太礼貌，可以稍作补充，B 就比较恰当；如果你 不认识 Jane，只回答 No 也不妥当，应该进一步表示愿意认识 Jane
9. – You don’t know Jane, do you? – (A) No. (B) Jane? I’ve known her for years. (C) Yes. (D) It’s my pleasure. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第二单元]D 当对方主动向你作自我介绍时，你应该有礼貌地问候对 方，同时也可以作自我介绍。所以选 D
10. – Hi, I’m your roommate, Carey Clark. – (A) This way, please. (B) Oh, yes. (C) Good. (D) Oh, nice to meet you. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第二单元]
11. Make sure that you drink plenty of ______ before you have a show er. (A) solid (B) gas (C) fluid (D) thing 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元]C solid 意为―固体‖；gas 意为―气体‖；fluid 意为―液体， 水‖；thing 意为―东西‖
12. Unfortunately we had a ______ tire on the way to the party. (A) empty (B) flat
(C) hollow (D) blank 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第二单元]B empty 意思是―空的，没有东西的‖；flat tire 意思是―瘪 胎‖；hollow 意思是―中空的‖；blank 意思是―平面上的空缺‖
13. The children like most his ______ way of writing. (A) descriptive (B) describing (C) describe (D) described 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考： [第二单元]A descriptive adj. 栩栩如生的； describing v-ing 描写的； describe v. 描写，描绘，此处词性不合适；described v-ed. 被描绘的
14. His smile ______ to a grin, bringing up an excitement in the group. (A) broaded (B) enbroaded (C) broadened (D) enbroadened 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C
解答参考：[第二单元] C 形容词 broad 的动词形式是 broaden，其他选项起 混淆作用
15. We always ______ all sorts of warning signals about our health, lea ving regrets in the end. (A) overlooked (B) overtook (C) overacted (D) overemphasized 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第二单元] A overlook 意为―忽视‖；overtake 意为―战胜‖；overact 意为―表演得过分‖；overemphasize 意为―过分强调‖
16. Lots of children have ______ friends. (A) image (B) imagination (C) imaginary (D) imaginative 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元] C image n. 形象，影象；imagination n. 想象力；ima ginary adj. 想象中的，虚构的；imaginative adj. 富有想象力的
17. Their cold-blooded killers dragged their ______ bodies upstairs to th e bathroom. (A) selfless (B) lifeless (C) helpless (D) hopeless 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第二单元] B selfless 意为―无私的‖；lifeless 意为―没有生机的，死 的‖；helpless 意为―无助的‖；hopeless 意为―无助的，无望的‖
18. Every year my father would call a family meeting to discuss where we were going ______ vacation. (A) in (B) with (C) on (D) at 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元] C 固定搭配 on vacation，意思是―度假‖
19. My grandma become more and more sad and frail as the years we nt ______. (A) in
(B) off (C) down (D) by 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第二单元] D go in 意为―钻进去‖；go off 意为―开枪，出问题‖；g o down 意为―下降‖；go by 意为―时间流逝‖
20. He spends a whole day ______ by the pool, waiting the fish to be hooked. (A) standing (B) stand (C) stood (D) being standing 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第二单元] A spend 后面一般用介词 in+动名词短语，表示―把时间 花在做……上‖。介词 in 可以省略
21. As days went by, a deep friendship began to ______ between the m. (A) become (B) develop (C) come
(D) stand 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第二单元]B develop friendship 是固定搭配，意为―建立友谊‖
22. He took a taxi to the airport in a hurry ______ find that he forgot t he ticket at home. (A) to (B) in order to (C) only to (D) as to 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元]C A) to 在句中引出目的状语，逻辑不对；B) in order t o 更明确地连接目的状语，逻辑不对；D) as to 连接结果状语，但语气不如 C) only to 强，后者还含有转折的意思：―结果却‖
23. The burning question in this year’s debate is: whose taxes should _ _____. (A) raise (B) be raised (C) rise (D) be risen 你选择的答案： B [正确]
正确答案：B 解答参考：[第二单元] B raise 是及物动词，在本句中应用被动语态；rise 是 不及物动词，不加宾语。而本句中 taxes 是动词的宾语，所以只能选择 B
24. A man I easily ______ as Bob’s father sat there with a newspaper i n hands. (A) knew (B) understood (C) had (D) recognized 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元] D know 表示―认识‖；understand 表示―理解‖；recogni ze 表示―辨认出‖
25. The interesting thing about Jack is his sixth ______ for finding lost dogs. (A) sense (B) emotion (C) feeling (D) sensibility 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第二单元] A the sixth sense 固定搭配，表示―第六感‖
26. In the next five years, we will see some ______ recovery. (A) economy (B) economic (C) economical (D) economized 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第二单元] B economy n. 经济；economic adj. 经济方面的；eco nomical adj. 经济的，节约的；economized v. 过去分词，被节约的
27. All color ______ --especially under direct sunlight. (A) disappears (B) appears (C) fades (D) stops 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元] C disappear 意为―消失‖；appear 意为―出现‖；fade 意 为―（颜色）褪色，（声音）消失‖；stop 意为―停止‖
28. The police insist that Michael did not follow the correct ______ in a pplying for a visa. (A) process
(B) progress (C) program (D) procedure 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第二单元] D process 意为―过程‖；progress 意为―进程‖；progra m 意为―计划‖；procedure 意为― 程序，手续‖
29. ______ are journalists admitted to this region. (A) Ever (B) Rarely (C) Always (D) Not 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第二单元] B 这是一个倒装句，当否定副词放在句首时，句子要求 倒装，所以只能选 B
30. Children are encouraged to put ______ some of their pocket money to buy Christmas presents for the poorer ones. (A) in (B) off (C) away (D) aside
你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第二单元] D put in 意为―投入（时间、精力）‖；put off 意为―推 迟‖；put away 意为―收拾好，放好‖；put aside 意为―存起来‖
31. It is a(an) ______ of setting your goals and following them. (A) thing (B) event (C) matter (D) affair 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元]C thing 泛指―事情，东西‖；event 意为―事件，大事‖；m atter 意为―事件，情况‖，常用在固定短语 a matter of 中；affair 意为―事件‖
32. Bell never allowed himself to do anything that went ______ his princ iples. (A) against (B) for (C) with (D) along 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第二单元]A go against 意为―违背‖；go for 意为―延请，赞助‖；g
o with 意为―配合，调和‖；go along 意为―进行，进步‖
33. Though quick-tempered, he is a good man, ______. (A) in no way (B) in the way (C) in this way (D) in some way 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第二单元] D in no way 意为―决不‖；in the way 意为―在路中央， 挡道‖；in this way 意为―用这种方法‖；in some way 意为―在一定程度上‖
34. She is ______ to accept change, though she has been living in the small village for 60 years. (A) like (B) likely (C) unlikely (D) alike 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考： [第二单元] B like v. 喜欢； likely adj. 常用在短语 be likely to 里， 表示―有可能‖；unlikely 与 likely 相反，表示―不太可能‖；alike adj. 常做表语， 表示―与……相似的‖
35. She is a creature of emotions, ______ reason. (A) than (B) but than (C) rather than (D) other than 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元] C 前面没有比较级，than 出现得很突兀；but than 错 误搭配；rather than 而不是；other than 与……不同
36. She was 17 at that time and the experience molded (造就) her ___ ___. (A) person (B) personnel (C) personality (D) personal 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元]C person 意为―人‖；personnel 意为―人员，人事‖；pers onality 意为―个性‖；personal 意为― 个人的，亲自的‖
37. ______ the passage, what does the author really want to inform us? (A) according to (B) due to
(C) Based to (D) In light of 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第二单元]A according to 意为―根据，按照‖；due to 意为―由于‖； based to 搭配错误，正确的是：based on 意为―按照‖；in light of 意为―鉴于‖
38. Mary insisted ______ being present at all the interviews with the for eign company. (A) with (B) on (C) in (D) at 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第二单元]B insist on 固定搭配，意为―坚持‖
39. The scenic spot is crowded with tourists ______ all through the yea r. (A) at a time (B) at other times (C) at all times (D) at one time 你选择的答案： C [正确]
正确答案：C 解答参考：[第二单元]C at a time 意为―每一次‖；at other times 意为―其他时 候‖；at all times 意为―总是‖；at one time 意为―(过去)有个时期; 曾经, 一度； 同时‖
40. ______ yourself in other’s shoes, then you will never do the wrong t hing. (A) Set (B) Make (C) Take (D) Put 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第二单元]D put oneself in other’s shoes 固定搭配，意为―设身处 地‖
（注意：若有主观题目，请按照题目，离线完成，完成后纸质上交学习中心， 记录成绩。在线只需提交客观题答案。) 二、主观题(共 1 道小题) 41. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a co mposition on the topic “My Hometown”. You should write no less than 80 words. 参考答案：
三、阅读理解、完形填空题(共 5 道小题) 42. In writing assignments in English classes my students frequently rais e the topic of friendship. Reading what they write, I start to understand Chinese friendship obligations. Chinese can usually expect more from th eir friends than Americans can. For instance, once a student wrote that she understood that her friend wanted to go shopping. My student was busy and really had no time to do that, but she kept silent, put her wor k aside and went shopping with her friend. This is quite different from w hat American young people would say about friendship. In the U.S. you feel free to ask your friend for help, but you recognize that the friend may say no, if they give you a reason. A friend in China is someone w ho, sensing that you are in need in some way, offers to assist you with out waiting to be asked. In China there are few limits on what you can ask or expect of a friend. Another difference is that Chinese expect friendships to be more last ing. They think a true friendship is a relationship that endures through c hanges in the lives of the friends. In the U.S. a person is likely to chan ge even ―best friends‖ several times over the years. Even the relationshi p in which people feel close emotionally and tell each other their secret s and personal problems may not survive life changes such as a move to another city, graduation from university, a significant change in econo mic circumstances, or the marriage of one of the friends. I think the rea son is that friendship, like so many other relationships in the U.S. includ
ing marriage, depends on frequent interaction with the other person. If t he people involved do not see each other and interact regularly, the rel ationship is likely to fade and die. [共 5 题] (1) What may an American girl do if she is busy when her friend asks her to go shopping? (A) She may keep silent. (B) She may put her work aside and go shopping with her friend. (C) She may say no, giving reasons. (D) she may help you without waiting to be asked. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (2) Which of the following statements is true? (A) Chinese people don’t feel free to ask their friends for help. (B) Chinese people always try to help their friends without being asked.
(C) Americans wouldn’t offer help when you ask. (D) Americans always say no to their friends. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (3) Which of the following sayings can properly describe Chinese friends hip? (A) A friend in need is a friend indeed. (B) Love me, love my dog.
(C) Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. (D) None of the above. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (4) According to the passage, why are Americans likely to change their friends several times over the years? (A) Because this is their nature. (B) Because they don’t have best friends all through their lives. (C) Because American friendship depends on frequent interaction with t he other person. (D) Because American friendship is to fade and die. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (5) What is the most proper title for this passage? (A) Chinese Friendship (B) American Friendship (C) Friendship (D) Friendship in China and America 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 参考答案： [第二单元]; 第 5 小题：D 主旨题。全文都在谈论中国人和美国人对待友谊的 不同态度，因此选 D。选项 A 和 B 以偏盖全，选项 C 则概括过度
43. Everyone needs friends, and if you fail to make friends, you should examine yourself and see if there is something wrong with your persona lity. Maybe you have social faults such as snobbishness, talkativeness, u sing slang, etc., which drive away your new acquaintances. Whatever yo ur social faults may be, look at them honestly, and make a real effort t o correct them. To be friendly you must feel friendly. Cheerfulness is the basis of fri endliness. A cheerful person smiles. A smile is a magnet which draws p eople. Smile at someone and you are almost sure to get a smile in ret urn. A friendly person does his best to make a stranger feel at home, w herever he happens to be. Put yourself in the other fellow’s place and make him feel welcome. Try to remember names. It makes your new acquaintances feel happ y when you call them by their names. It gives them the feeling that the y have made an impression on you and that must mean something to t hem because you remember them. If you do not agree with other people on a certain matter, you shoul d appear to be friendly. Do not argue, but discuss. You always lose frie nds if you argue too much. A friendly person thinks of others, and does not insist on his own ―ri ghts‖. People who refuse to consider others have few friends.
Finally, don’t treat people only according to their social position. Real ly friendly people respect everyone at all times. [共 5 题] (1) Those who fail to make friends may ______. (A) discuss with others rather than argue with others (B) remember the names of new acquaintances (C) insist on his own rights and fail to stand in others’ shoes (D) make a stranger feel at home 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (2) What does the word ―magnet‖ mean in the third paragraph? (A) brush (B) sth. beautiful (C) sign (D) sth. attractive 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (3) What can we infer from this passage? (A) Others will smile at you if you smile at them. (B) If you respect people no matter who they are, you’ll make more fri ends. (C) Snobbishness, talkativeness and using slang are some social faults.
(D) None of the above.
你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (4) According to the passage, which of the following statement is NOT t rue? (A) Making friends has sth. to do with your personality. (B) Cheerful smiles can make you friendly in others’ eyes. (C) Friendly people will treat others according to their social position. (D) Thinking of others can bring you more friends. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (5) The purpose of the passage is ________. (A) how to correct social faults (B) how to build good personality (C) how to feel at home with strangers (D) how to make friends 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 参考答案： [第二单元]; 第 5 小题：D 主旨题。文中作者一一提到如何交朋友的方法，因 此选 D。选项 A 只与第二段相关；选项 B 超越了本文的内容；选项 C 只与 第四段相关。
44. No one knows exactly how many disabled people there are in the w
orld, but estimates suggest the figure is over 450 million. The number o f disabled people in India alone is probably more than double the total population of Canada. In the United Kingdom, about one in ten people have some disabilit y. Disability is not just something that happens to other people: as we g et older, many of us will become less mobile, hard of hearing or have f ailing eyesight. Disablement can take many forms and occur at any time of life. So me people are born with disabilities. Many others become disabled as t hey get older. There are many progressive disabling diseases. The long er time goes on, the worse they become. Some people are disabled in accidents. Many others may have a period of disability in the form of a mental illness. All are affected by people’s attitude towards them. Disables people face many physical barriers. Next time you go shop ping or to work or visit friends, imagine how you would manage if you could not get up steps. Or on to buses and trains. How would you cop e if you could not see where you were going or could not hear the traff ic‖ But there are other barriers: prejudice can be even harder to break down and ignorance inevitably represents by far the greatest barrier of a ll. It is almost impossible for the able-bodied to fully appreciate what the severely disabled go through, so it is important to draw attention to the se barriers and show that it is the individual person and their ability, not their disability, which counts. (倍速 P115) [共 5 题]
(1) The first paragraph points out that ______. (A) there are many disabled people in the world (B) the number of disabled people in India is the greatest (C) India has much more disabled people than Canada (D) it is impossible to get an exact figure of the world’s disabled peopl e 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (2) The key word in paragraph 4 is ______. (A) disability (B) ignorance (C) prejudice (D) barriers 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (3) The last word of the passage ―counts‖ probably means ―______‖. (A) is most important (B) is considered (C) is included (D) is numbered 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (4) Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the pass age?
(A) Even the able-bodied may lose some of their body functions when t hey get older. (B) There are about 10 percent disabled persons in the UK. (C) The whole society should pay due attention to the barriers faced by the disabled people. (D) There still exists prejudice against the disabled which results mainly from ignorance. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (5) It can be concluded from the passage that ______. (A) we should try our best to prevent disablement (B) both physical and mental barriers are hard to break down (C) we must take a proper attitude towards the disabled (D) the able-bodied people will never fully understand the disabled 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 参考答案： [第二单元]; 第 5 小题：C 主旨题。文章首先叙述目前世界上残疾人认输之多 和残疾的形式，进而从实际困难和精神歧视两个方面说明了残疾人面临的障碍， 并着重指出精神其实一是所有障碍中最难消除的，故我们可以推理出：作者告 戒我们应正确对待残疾人而不应歧视他们，因此选 C
45. Michael, a typical American, stays at home on workdays. He plugs i
nto his personal computer terminal in order to connect with the office. A fter work, he puts on his headphones, watches a movie on his home vi deo recorder, or plays baseball on the computer. On many days, Micha el doesn’t talk to any other human beings, and he doesn’t see any peo ple except the ones on television. Michael is imaginary, but his lifestyle is very possible. The inventions of modern technology seem to be cuttin g us off form contact with our fellow human being. The world of business is one area in which technology is isolating us. Experts say, for example, that many people will soon be able to w ork at home. With access to a large central computer, employees such as office clerks, insurance agents, and accountants could do their jobs a t display terminals in their own homes. They would never have to actual ly see the people they’re dealing with. In addition, the way employees a re paid will change. Workers’ salaries will be automatically paid into thei r bank accounts, making paper checks unnecessary. No workers will sta nd in line to receive their pay or cash their checks. Personal banking wi ll change, too. Customers will deal with machines to put in or take our money from their accounts. Another area that technology is changing is entertainment. Music, f or instance, was once a group experience. People listened to music at concert halls or in small social gatherings. For many people now, howev er, music is an individual experience. Walking along the street or sitting in their living rooms, they wear headphones to build a wall of music aro und them. Movie entertainment is changing, too. Movies used to be soci
al events. Now, fewer people are going out to see a movie. Many more are choosing to wait for a film to appear on television or are borrowing videotapes to watch at home. Instead of laughing with others, viewers watch movies in their own living rooms. (倍速 P130) [共 5 题] (1) After work, Michael likes to ______. (A) listen to music at the concert hall (B) watch a movie in his living room (C) run a program on his computer in his office (D) play baseball with his workmates 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (2) The sentence ―Michael is imaginary, but his lifestyle is very possible‖ means ______. (A) Michael is a person full of imagination and he can make his dream s come true (B) Michael is not a real person but probably the lifestyle does exist (C) Michael has ambitions but he can’t make his dreams come true (D) Michael is a person full of imagination and his lifestyle is common nowadays 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (3) In the modern world, people will (A) stand in line to receive their pay or cash their checks
(B) see the people they’re dealing with (C) listen to music at concert halls or in small social gatherings (D) watch movies in their own living rooms 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (4) What is the main idea of the passage? (A) We may no longer need to communicate with other human being. (B) Modern technology seems to be separating human beings. (C) We may no longer need to work in the office. (D) Modern technology makes it possible for us to work and entertain o urselves at home. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (5) What will the author most probably discuss after the last paragraph? (A) Games and sports. (B) Personal banking. (C) Music and films. (D) International business. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 参考答案： [第二单元]; 第 5 小题：A 推理题。本文主要谈论了技术对人的生活方式的影 响、对娱乐方式的影响。谈论完这两个领域之后，很可能要讨论另一个不同的 领域，因此选 A，游戏和运动
46. Jack and Ben, both seriously ill, occupied the same hospital room. J ack, __(1)__ bed was next to the room’s only window, __(2)__ to sit up in his bed for an hour each afternoon to help drain the fluid from his l ungs. But Ben had to spend all day and night __(3)__ flat on his bed. To __(4)__ time the two men began to talk. They talked for hours abou t their wives, families, their homes, their jobs, their involvement in the m ilitary service, and where they had been on vacation. __(5)__ days went by, a deep friendship began to develop between them. Every afternoon when Jack could sit up, he would pass the time by describing to Ben all the things he could see outside the window. And Ben began to live for those one-hour __(6)__ when his world would be broadened and enlivened by all the activity and color of the world outsid e. The window __(7)__a park with a lovely lake. Ducks and swans pla yed on the water while children sailed their model boats. Young lovers walked arm in arm __(8)__ flowers of every color of the rainbow. Grand old trees beautified the landscape, and a fine view of the city skyline c ould be seen in the distance. As Jack described all this in detail, Ben would close his eyes and i magine the beautiful scene. One warm afternoon Jack described a parade __(9)__ by. Although Ben couldn’t hear the band, he could see it in his __(10)__ eye as Ja ck portrayed it with descriptive words.
[共 10 题] (1) (A) which (B) that (C) whose (D) who 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (2) (A) allowing (B) allowed (C) to allow (D) was allowed 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (3) (A) lying (B) lain (C) lied (D) lay 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (4) (A) take
(B) kill (C) keep (D) make 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (5) (A) As (B) With (C) Once (D) For 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (6) (A) times (B) × (C) pauses (D) periods 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (7) (A) overacted (B) overexcited (C) overlooked (D) overtook
你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (8) (A) in (B) amid (C) within (D) with 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (9) (A) pass (B) passing (C) passed (D) past 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (10) (A) mind’s (B) brain’s (C) heart’s (D) head’s 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 参考答案：
[第二单元]; 第 10 小题：A in one’s mind’s eye 固定搭配，表示―在脑海中 看到‖
一、单项选择题(只有一个选项正确，共 40 道小题) 1. — I’d better be off now. — ____________________________ (A) You must be tired. (B) Couldn’t you stay a little longer? (C) I’m sorry to have taken up too much time. (D) Go slowly. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第三单元] B ―你不能再多呆会儿吗？‖与题干―我现在必须走了‖更符 合交际的实际情况。A、C、D 从语法上说是正确的，但不符合交际习惯
2. —It’s getting late. I’d better be going now. — ____________________________ (A) Take it easy. (B) Good night. (C) Must you go so soon? (D) Oh, I understand. 你选择的答案： C [正确]
正确答案：C 解答参考：[第三单元]C ―你必须这么快就走吗（就不能再多呆会儿吗？）。实 际上为盛情挽留来客
3. —I will call you before I go. Well, I’ve got to run. — ____________________________ (A) I’m pleased to meet you. (B) Yes, you can leave if you like. (C) Oh, no, you can’t. (D) All right. Hope to see you soon. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元]D 题干是―啊，我必须马上走‖。回答为：―好的，希望能很 快再次见到你‖
4. —I’m glad to have you here. Do drop by if you have time. — ____________________________ (A) Thanks, I will. (B) See you tomorrow. (C) Well, take care of yourself. (D) Hope to see you soon. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第三单元]A 题干是―我很高兴你来我这儿，如果你有时间，请一定
5. —Thank you for everything. — Well, have a nice trip and best wishes to your wife. — Thanks. ____________________________ (A) Just stay here. (B) I know. (C) I hope we meet again soon (D) I’m on my way. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第三单元]C 前句是―祝你旅行愉快，并向你爱妻问好‖。回答是―希望 能很快再次见到你‖
6. — ____________________________ — Won't you have another coffee? (A) Thank you very much for a wonderful party (B) I’m glad to have met you. (C) Thanks for all your hospitality. (D) Sorry, it's time I left now. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元] D 回答是―不再来杯咖啡吗？‖ 所以前句为―啊，抱歉，我 必须走了‖。C 的意思是―谢谢你的殷切款待‖，但客人并未说要马上离开
7. — ____________________________. — But you just got here. Can't you stay a little longer? (A) It’s been a most pleasant stay. (B) I really must be going now. (C) I had a very good time this evening. Thank you for inviting me. (D) It’s been lovely seeing you. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第三单元] B 原因与上句类似。回答是―但你才来啊，不能再多呆一 会儿吗？‖ 所以前句为―我真的必须马上走了‖
8. —Thank you for inviting me. — ____________________________. (A) Did you have a good time today? (B) You’re welcome. (C) Please keep in touch. (D) It was a pleasure having you. Please come again. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元] D 前句是―谢谢你的邀请‖。回答应为―能请到你是我的荣 幸，请一定要再来‖。
9. — ____________________________
— It has been a pleasure. Goodbye! — Goodbye! (A) It was nice of you to come to see me. (B) See you later. (C) Stay in touch. (D) Hope to see you soon. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第三单元] A 回答是―这是我的荣幸，再见‖。所以前句为―能来看我， 你真好‖
10. — ____________________________ — Good night. (A) I hope to see you again sometime. (B) It’s getting late. I must go now. (C) I’m afraid I have to go. (D) Good night and thanks for everything. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考： [第三单元]D 回答是―晚安‖。 所以前句为 ―晚安， 谢谢你们的一切 （盛 情款待）‖
11. I crossed the street to __________ meeting him, but he saw me an d came running towards me.
(A) avoid (B) allow (C) forget (D) remember 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第三单元]A avoid 后接动名词做宾语即 avoid doing sth.
12. The Gadfly insisted that the work __________ be finished by the mi ddle of June. (A) must (B) could (C) should (D) might 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第三单元]C insist 作―坚持要求‖讲时，必须使用虚拟语气，即（sh ould）+动词原形。insist 作―坚持说‖讲时，必须使用陈述语气。例如 She insi sted that she heard somebody in the house..（她坚持说她听见房间里有 人。）
13. Human beings are social animals; therefore, we need friends and I’ m __________ exception. (A) above
(B) beyond (C) without (D) no 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元] D above exception 意为―无可非议的‖；beyond except ion 意为―无可非议的‖； exception 无此搭配； no exception 意为―不例外‖ in be
14. In fact, the panic is __________. As the map shows, the drought h as been confined to the south and east of Britain. (A) overheard (B) overcharged (C) overdone (D) overtime 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第三单元] C overhear 意为―无意中听到，偷听‖；overcharge 意为 ―讨价过高，使过量装填，过度充电‖；overdo 意为―做得过分，过度，过火‖；o vertime 意为―超时的，加班的‖
15. The hooligan is __________ at a passing pretty girl． (A) glancing (B) leering (C) glare
(D) look 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第三单元]B glance 意为―扫视, 匆匆一看‖；leer 意为―投以（敌意、 挑逗或会意等的）一瞥‖；stare 意为―凝视, 盯着看‖；look 是―看‖的普通用词。 在题干里有提示信息 ―hooligan 流氓‖ 和―a pretty girl 漂亮女孩‖，故 B 选项 更准确。
16. He entered the house with __________ to steal. (A) contend (B) content (C) intend (D) intent 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元]D contend v. 斗争, 竞争, 主张；content n. 内容；inte nd v. 想要, 打算；intent n. 意图, 目的
17. He is __________. (A) aggressive (B) progression (C) congress (D) digress 你选择的答案： A [正确]
正确答案：A 解答参考：[第三单元]A gress 作为词根是：走步。 progress n. & v. 进步， 步行；progression n. 进步；进展；aggress v. 攻击，侵略；aggressive adj. 攻击性的，侵略性的；congress n. (代表)大会；digress v. 离题 (di- = dis离开，gress 行走；→离开主题)
18. The new government’s first __________ is the economy. (A) college (B) colleague (C) challenge (D) change 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元] D College n. 学院；colleague n. 同事, 同僚；challen ge n. 挑战；change n. 改变, 变化
19. I couldn’t __________ who he was. (A) find out (B) set out (C) fill out (D) figure out 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第三单元] A find out 意为―找出, 发现, 查明(真相等)‖；set out
意为―出发, 开始,启程‖；fill out 意为―填写, 使长大, 变大‖；figure out 意为―想 出，领会到‖（表示通过仔细思考而逐渐明白了某件事这样一种动作）
20. It took hours of study before the solution finally __________ him. (A) dawned on (B) relied on (C) taken on (D) impressed on 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第三单元]A dawn（常与 on, upon 连用） 意为―逐渐被了解；逐渐 被感知‖例如 The truth at last dawned on him. （最后他开始了解真相。）r ely on 意为―依赖, 依靠‖；take on 意为―呈现, 具有，承担‖；impress on 意为 ―给……印象‖
21. Children should be taught not to __________ handicapped people. (A) glare at (B) stare at (C) glance at (D) peep at 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考： [第三单元] B glare at 意为―怒视‖； stare at 意为―凝视、 紧盯着看‖； glance at 意为―匆匆看一下, 一瞥‖；peep at 意为―偷窥‖
22. He looked me right __________ the eyes and lied. (A) at (B) in (C) for (D) on 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第三单元] B look at sb. right in the eyes 意思是―直视、正视某 人‖
23. I had some trouble __________ the letter. His handwriting is very b ad. (A) on reading (B) reading (C) to read (D) read 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考： [第三单元] B have trouble/difficulty (in) doing sth. 意思是―做某事 有困难‖
24. We are puzzled __________ how it happened. (A) as usual
(B) as yet (C) as well (D) as to 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元]D as usual 意为―照常‖；as yet 意为―至今‖；as well 意为―倒不如, 还是……的好‖；as to 意为―关于, 至于‖
25. He has very __________ eyes; he catches sight of things quickly. (A) shortsighted (B) farsighted (C) sharp (D) big 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第三单元] C shortsighted 意为―近视的, 眼光短浅的‖；farsighted 意为―有远见的‖； sharp 意为―锐利的, 锋利的‖；big 意为―大的‖
26. Jim couldn’t remember when he first met Professor Wang, but he w as sure it was __________ Sunday because everybody was at _______ ___ church. (A) /, the (B) the, / (C) a, /
(D) /, / 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考： [第三单元] C 某个星期天用 a Sunday；be at / in church 意为―做 礼拜‖
27. Some first-generation college students carry __________ hopes and dreams of __________ parents for a better life than they have had. (A) /, their (B) their, the (C) the, their (D) the, / 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第三单元] C hopes and dreams 之后有 of 短语修饰，所以前面 应加 the 表示特指。根据上下文，大学生怀抱的是父辈们的希望和梦想，所以 应为 hopes and dreams of their parents
28. I was one of those people who went to __________ college knowin g exactly what I wanted to do with __________ life. (A) /, my (B) a, the (C) /, the (D) my, my
你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第三单元]A go to college 是固定短语，意为―上大学‖do with my life 直译为―利用自己的一生‖hopes and dreams 之后有 of 短语修饰，所以前 面应加 the 表示特指
29. __________ division between English-speaking Canadians and Frenc h-speaking Canadians is __________ important issue Canada is faced w ith. (A) An, the (B) An, an (C) The, the (D) The, an 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元] D Division 之后有 between 短语修饰，所以前面应加 the 表示特指。division 是加拿大面临的一个重要问题，所以加 an
30. In the area, AIDS is __________ disease that the very mention of it strikes terror into the population. (A) a so dreadful (B) so dreadful a (C) such dreadful (D) a such dreadful
你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第三单元] B so + adj. + a/an+可数名词+ that… = such + a/an + adj. +可数名词+ that…
31. __________ Japan and __________ United States are separated by __________ Pacific Ocean. (A) the, the, the (B) /, /, the (C) /, the, / (D) /, the, the 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元]D 国名之前一般不加定冠词，the United States 属于专 有名词，表示美国。四大洋之前要加定冠词。
32. __________ violin is one of __________ hardest musical instruments to play. (A) The, the (B) A, the (C) /, the (D) /, / 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A
解答参考：[第三单元]A 琴类名词前要加定冠词；形容词的最好级之前要加定冠 词。
33. __________ banker is __________ man who lends you __________ umbrella when the weather is fair, and takes it away from you when it rains. (A) The, the, the (B) A, a, an (C) A, the, an (D) The, a, an 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第三单元] B A（冠词）+名词+is a… 可用来对名词下定义。雨伞 前的不定冠词为 an
34. __________ happy family is __________ Heaven on __________ Ea rth. (A) A, /, / (B) A, a, the (C) The, a, / (D) The, the, the 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第三单元]A Heaven on Earth 为固定搭配，意思是―人间天堂‖，前
35. George is studying __________ Chinese geography and his sister A nn is studying __________ history of China. (A) the, the (B) the, / (C) /, the (D) /, / 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第三单元]C Chinese 已经具有限定作用，前面用零冠词。History 之后有 of 短语修饰，所以前面家 the 表示特指
36. Without __________ music, life would be __________ mistake. (A) the, the (B) a, the (C) /, a (D) the, a 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考： [第三单元] C 抽象名词 music 前面用零冠词， mistake 是可数名词， 所以前面可加 a 表示一个错误
37. Don’t use __________ plate as __________ ashtray.
(A) the, the (B) the, an (C) /, an (D) /, / 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第三单元]B the plate 特指某个盘子，an ashtray 表示―烟灰缸‖， 不定冠词表示类。
38. It’s __________ windy day. Let’s stay indoors. (A) a such (B) such a (C) a so (D) so a 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第三单元]B so + adj. + a/an+可数名词 = such + a/an + adj. + 可数名词
39. The willow is __________ tree that blooms once __________ year i n spring. (A) the, the (B) the, a (C) a, the
(D) a, a 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元]D a tree 意为―一种树‖；once a year 意为―一年一次‖
40. __________ Shangrila Hotel is just __________ fifteen-minute walk f rom __________ university campus. (A) The, a, a (B) /, a, / (C) /, a, the (D) The, a, the 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第三单元]D Shangrila 酒店是专有名词，前面不加冠词；fifteen-mi nute 是个合成形容词，修饰 walk，前加冠词 a，表示只需要一个 15 分钟那么 长的步行路程；the university campus 表示某个特指的大学校园。
（注意：若有主观题目，请按照题目，离线完成，完成后纸质上交学习中心， 记录成绩。在线只需提交客观题答案。) 二、主观题(共 1 道小题) 41. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a co mposition on the topic “My Favorite Teacher”. You should write no less than 80 words s, and base your composition on the outline given belo
1) 介绍你的一位老师； 2) 喜欢这位老师的理由。
三、阅读理解、完形填空题(共 5 道小题) 42. Richard Gray was a famous explorer (探险家) . He was also a millio naire. He had visited every country in the world. He had crossed Antarc tica, flown across the Atlantic by balloon, and climbed Mount Everest. L ast year he decided to walk across Death Valley, the hottest place on Earth. He walked for days over the hot desert sand. One night he foun d the camp where he had been the night before. Gray had walked in a circle. He was lost. Two days later he had drunk all his water. He couldn’t walk. He cra wled to the top of a sand dune (沙丘) ,and there he saw a man. The man was wearing smart, clean trousers, a white shirt and a tie. Gray cr awled over to him. ―Water… water…‖ he said. ―I’m terribly sorry, old boy,‖ replied the man, ―but I haven’t got any water with me.‖ ―Help me!‖ shouted Gray, ―I’m a rich man. . . a millionaire. . . I’II giv e you anything.‖ ―That’s very nice of you, old boy, ‖said the man. ―Look, I can’t give
you any water, but would you like to buy my tie?‖ ―A tie? Of course not!‖ screamed Gray, and crawled away. He crawl ed slowly up the next sand dune. His mouth was full of sand. His lips were cracked （破裂） and dry. He I couldn’t breathe. He reached the top of the dune and there he saw a huge good hotel. Girls were swimming in the large swimming pool. Beautiful fountains were all around the hot el. ―Is it a mirage (幻景)?‖ he thought. ―Am I dying?‖ He stood up and staggered (蹒跚) down the dune. A waiter in shining white uniform came out of the door. ―Water …water … a bath! Food!‖ screamed Gray. ―I’m sorry, you can’t come into this hotel,‖ said the waiter. ―Why not? I’ve got plenty of money. . . I’m a millionaire. ‖ ―Ah, ‖replied the waiter, ― but you aren’t wearing a tie!‖ [共 5 题] (1) The famous explorer _________. (A) had crossed Antarctica and the Atlantic by balloon (B) had traveled all over the world (C) had walked across Death Valley (D) had ever been a millionaire 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (2) The man offered to sell his tie to Gray because _________. (A) he wished to get some money from Gray
(B) Gray was a rich man (C) he didn’t have any water with him (D) he thought a millionaire needed to wear a tie 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (3) Gray saw _________ from the top of the next dune. (A) a large good hotel (B) many swimming boys (C) a lot of drinking water (D) a beautiful mirage 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (4) At last Richard Gray_________ (A) got some water to drink (B) was not permitted to enter the hotel (C) was very sorry for the waiter (D) was dying 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (5) If Gray __________, he would have got some water to drink in the hotel. (A) had got a lot of money with him (B) had put on his tie at once (C) had said he was a famous millionaire
(D) had bought the tie from the man 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 参考答案： [第三单元]; 第 5 小题：D 细节题。D 选项是一个虚拟语气。选 D 项的原因 同 14 小题类似，只是本题是反过来说的。
43. Many people, including some policemen, believe eye contact is a go od test of honesty. If someone can’t look at you directly in the eye, the n he or she is not playing honestly, they insist. After many experiments, however, a number of experts have found out that good liars can mak e false eye contact. Eye contact, though not a sure sign of dishonesty, is a clear way to show interest in another person. When a person looks at you and cont inues to do so, you know his attention is placed on you. When he turns his head away, his mind is probably elsewhere. But there are exceptio ns. A shy person may have trouble making and keeping eye contact, no matter how interested he is in the other person. And certain nationalitie s, such as the British and Germans, are much less oriented to eye-to-e ye contact than, say, the French and the Arabs. Eye contact should be natural, not forced or overdone. Have short p eriods of eye contact while you watch other parts of the person’s face — especially the mouth. When the person smiles, be sure to smile bac
k. But always make an effort to return your gaze to the person’s eyes as she speaks. It is common to look up, down, and all around when sp eaking to others, and not have eye contact at all times. Too much eye contact, especially if it is forced, can work against yo u. If you stare at a person, or leer in a suspicious way, the other perso n may feel uncomfortable and even suspicious about your intent. A fixed stare can seem like aggressive behavior if it is a challenge as to who will look away first. [共 5 题] (1) Many people believe that eye contact is a sign of ___________. (A) honesty (B) dishonesty (C) attention (D) A and C 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (2) According to the passage, which of the following statements is NOT true? (A) Eye contact is a way to show interest in another person. (B) When a person looks at you, his attention is placed on you. (C) When a person fails to make eye contact, he is definitely not intere sted in you. (D) It is common to look up, down, and all around when speaking to o thers.
你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (3) While we watch other person’s face, we should have short periods o f eye contact with, especially, other people’s _____________. (A) eyes (B) nose (C) mouth (D) ears 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (4) Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passag e? (A) Eye contact is not a good test of honesty. (B) Some people may have trouble making and keeping eye contact, n o matter how interested he is in the other person. (C) If someone can look at you directly in the eye, he or she is playin g honestly. (D) A number of experts have found out that no one can make false e ye contact. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (5) This passage mainly discusses ________________. (A) how to test one is honest or not by the way of eye contact (B) how to make eye contact
(C) how to avoid too much eye contact (D) the function of correct eye contact 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 参考答案： [第三单元]; 第 5 小题：D 细节题。从第一、二、四段的第一句（主题句）可 看出本文主要讨论的是目光对视的作用或功能。第一、二、四段的第一句分别 是―Many people, including some policemen, believe eye contact is a goo d test of honesty‖（很多人，包括一些警察，相信目光对视是检测一个人是否 诚实的好方法。）―Eye contact, though not a sure sign of dishonesty, is a clear way to show interest in another person.‖（人们之间的目光对视，虽 然不是是否诚实的确切标志，却能明确表示出人们对其目视的对方感兴趣。）―T oo much eye contact, especially if it is forced, can work against you.‖ （太多的目光接触，特别是强迫自己与对方对视，可能会适得其反。）
44. Gestures and body movements are unconscious forms of expression s and therefore they have a language of their own. We are unaware of our gestures and body movements 99 % of the time, but other people can notice our gestures and movements if they pay attention and may k now what they mean.
Note that body language applies not only to the interviewer but also
to the interviewee. Also note that these gestures may happen througho ut the conversation and they change as the conversation progresses.
The objective of paying attention to nonverbal communication is to h elp you change the direction of the conversation. If the person is showi ng negative gestures, then you need to change the subject by asking a new question or talking about something else.
So, during a job interview, you can watch for the following gestures:
Crossed arms ? it means that the person is in a defensive and res erved mood.
Crossed arms and legs ? it means that the person feels very reser ved and suspicious.
Open arms and hands ? it means that the person is open and rec eptive.
Standing before you with his hands inside the pockets ? it means h e is not sure or feels suspicious.
Standing before you with his hands on his hips ? it means he is re ceptive and ready to help you out.
Sitting in a chair shaking one of his legs ? it means he feels nervo us and uncomfortable.
His eyes are downcast and face turned away ? it means he is not interested in what you are saying.
The palm of the hand holding or stroking his chin ? it means he is in an evaluating position and being critical.
Leaning back in his chair with both hands clasped behind his head ? it means he is in an analytical mood, but it is also a gesture of sup
Rubbing or touching his nose when answering a question ? it mean s he is not telling the complete truth.
Maintaining good eye contact and he smiles in a relaxed and happy way ? it means he is definitel receptive to you. y
[共 5 题] (1) 99% of the time, we ______________. (A) pay no attention to our gestures and body movements. (B) are aware of our gestures and body movements. (C) know what the meaning of other personsˇ gestures and body move ments (D) All of the above 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (2) The body language ____________. (A) is applicable only to the interviewer (B) is applicable only to the interviewee (C) is both applicable to the interviewer and the interviewee
(D) is neither applicable to the interviewer nor to the interviewee 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (3) Open arms and hands mean _______________. (A) the person is reserved (B) the person is reserved and suspicious (C) the person is in negative mood (D) the person is open and receptive 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (4) Sitting in a chair shaking one of his legs means __________. (A) the person is calm (B) the person is nervous and uncomfortable (C) the person is waiting for someone (D) the person is angry 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (5) The passage______________. (A) mainly deals with nonverbal communication during interviews (B) presents information on body language (C) introduces some forms of body languages (D) describes how to make correct body language 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A
参考答案： [第三单元]; 第 5 小题：A 细节题。文章第二段第一句―Note that body lang uage applies not only to the interviewer but also to the interviewee.‖（需 要注意的是：接受面试者和面试考官一样，都要使用身体语言。）第四段第一 句―So, during a job interview, you can watch for the following gestures‖ （因此，面试时你可注意以下这些姿势。）从这两句可知，文章的主要内容是 面试时的肢体语言/非言语交流。
45. Millions of people pass through the gates of the Disney parks in Cal ifornia, Florida and Japan each year. What makes these places an almo st universal attraction? What makes foreign kings and queens and other important people want to visit these Disney parks? Well, one reason is the way to serve their ―guests‖. All new employees, from vice-presidents to part-time workers, begin t heir employment by attending Disney University and taking ―Traditions I‖. Here, they learn about the company’s history, how it is managed and why it is successful. They are shown how each department relates to th e whole. All employees are shown how their part is important in making the park a success. After passing ―Traditions‖, the employees go on to more specialized t raining for their specific (具体的) jobs. No detail is missed. A simple job like taking tickets requires eight-hour days of training. When one ticket taker was asked why it took so much training for such a simple, ordinar
y job, he replied, ―What happens if someone wants to know where the r est rooms are, when the parade starts or what bus to take back to the campgrounds? ... We need to know the answers or where to get them quickly. Our constant aim is to help our guests enjoy themselves. Even Disney’s managers get involved in the daily management of th e park. Every year, the managers leave their desks and business suits and put on special service clothes. For a full week, the bosses sell hot dogs or ice cream, take tickets or drive the monorail, and take up any of the 100 jobs that make the park come alive. The managers agree th at this week helps them to see the company’s goals more clearly. All these efforts to serve the public well have made Walt Disney fa mous. Disney is considered by many as the best mass (团体) service pr ovider in America or the world. [共 5 题] (1) The first day they come to Disney parks, all new employees ______ ___. (A) begin by receiving on-the-job training (B) must learn several jobs (C) begin as ticket takers (D) have already attended Disney University 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (2) The main aim of the Disney employees is to _________. (A) learn all parts of the business
(B) see that their guests enjoy themselves (C) be able to answer all kinds of questions (D) keep their important guests happy 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (3) After passing ―Traditions I‖, the new employees ________. (A) must start their work at once (B) can begin with some simple jobs (C) must receive another 32 hours of training (D) must go on to more specialized training 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (4) Each year, managers wear special service clothes and work in the p arks to______ (A) set a good example for employees (B) remind themselves of their beginnings at Disney (C) replace employees on holiday (D) get a good view of the company’s aims 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (5) Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage? (A) Visitors learn about the history of Disney in its entertainment parks.
(B) Disney attracts people from all over the world.
(C) Parades are regularly held in Disney's entertainment parks. (D) Disney’s managers are able to do almost all kinds of work in the D isney parks. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 参考答案： [第三单元]; 第 5 小题： 辨别正误题。 项应为雇员在上岗时要先了解公司 A A 的历史。B 项由原文开头可知。C 项由一雇员所讲的话可知。D 项由原文中―t ake up any of the 100 jobs that make the park…‖可知。故正确答案为 A
46. Every culture has its own body language, and children absorb its nu ances along with spoken language. A Frenchman talks and moves (1)__ __
French. The way an Englishman crosses his legs is nothing like __(2)__ it. When we communicate with pe __ __
the way an American man
ople from other cultures, the body language sometimes helps make (3)__ (4)__ easy and effective. For example, shaking hands is nearly a
gesture, so people all over the world know that it is a signal for __(5)_
greeting. But sometimes the body language can cause certain _
since people of different cultures may have different forms of behavi
or for sending the same message or may have different interpretations f or the same body signal. __(6)__ one’s head is generally meant to sh
ow agreement ―Yes‖, but to Nepalese, Sri Lankans, some Indians and s ome Eskimos, it means not ―yes‖, but ―no‖. When an American __(7)__ his nose, it may mean he is disagreeing with someone or __(8)__ some
thing. But there are other possible interpretations, too. One more exampl e: When a student in conversation with a professor holds the older ma n’s eyes a little __(9)__ than usual, it can be a sign of respect and affe ction; it can be a subtle challenge to the professor’s __(10)__ ; or it ca n be something else entirely. [共 10 题] (1) (A) on (B) in (C) at (D) for 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (2) (A) crosses (B) cross (C) does (D) do 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (3) (A) the communication (B) communication (C) a communication (D) talks
你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (4) (A) formal (B) friendly (C) usual (D) universal 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (5) (A) information (B) laughs (C) misunderstandings (D) understanding 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (6) (A) Shaking (B) Nodding (C) Turning around (D) Raising 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (7)
(A) blows (B) holds up (C) turns up (D) rubs 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (8) (A) accepting (B) taking (C) rejecting (D) declining 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (9) (A) longer (B) shorter (C) higher (D) lower 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (10) (A) characters (B) authority (C) temper
(D) education 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 参考答案： [第三单元]; 第 10 小题：B character 意为―（人的）品质，性格‖；authority 意为―权威，权力‖；temper 意为―性情，脾气‖；education 意为―教育‖。本题， 挑战 challenge 和权威搭配更好。
本次作业是本门课程本学期的第 4 次作业，注释如下：大学英语 I 第 5 单元 作 业题 一、单项选择题(只有一个选项正确，共 40 道小题) 1. –What do you think I should do? – _________________ (A) I don’t know. (B) That’s not my business. (C) You must talk with him. (D) You’d better talk with him. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第五单元]D 当对方问你建议时，你应该委婉地提出自己的看法。你 可以表示 You’d better … 而不是粗暴地拒绝或是说你―必须‖如何
2. –What about going shopping together? – _________________ (A) It sounds good. (B) I prefer go alone. (C) I am occupied. (D) I have no time. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元] A 当对方建议一起做某事，你不能参与，可以先表示歉 意。你能够参与，可以说 It sounds good 说明你很感兴趣
3. –If you were in my position, what would you do? – _________________ (A) Hi! It’s you problem. (B) I weren’t you. (C) If I were you, I would give up. (D) I don’t know. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第五单元]C 当对方问―要是你是我，你会怎么办？‖的时候，如果你 有建议， 则可以说 If I were you, I would… 如果你也不知如何是好，则可以 说 Sorry, I don’t know
4. –I can’t sleep well recently. – _________________ (A) Me, too. (B) You work too hard. (C) Why don’t you talk to your doctor? (D) Why bother? 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第五单元]C 当对方告诉你―我最近睡不好觉‖的时候，你可以建议他 去看看医生，用 Why don’t you …（为什么不去……）表示
5. –I don’t know which major I should choose to study. – _________________ (A) I have no idea. (B) Have you ever thought of computer science? (C) You ask a wrong person. (D) You don’t know at this moment 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考： [第五单元]B 当对方说―我还不知道学什么专业？‖， 你可以提点建议， 说 Have you thought of … （有没有想过……），不要显得很漠然，说 I do n’t know 或是责怪对方说 You don’t …?
6. – I am worried about my son’s eyesight so much.
– (A) He always takes books so close to his eyes. (B) You think too much. (C) There’s nothing special. (D) Maybe you can take him to have a check. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第五单元]D 对方说―我非常担心我儿子的视力‖。既然对方很忧虑， 你应该提出有效的建议表示诚恳的关心。
7. – So what should we do next？ – (A) Let’s have a cup of tea, and then discuss the plan. (B) I am not clear. (C) No hurry. (D) I’m too busy to do anything. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元]A 当对方问―那么我们下一步干什么呢？‖的时候，如果你 知道该干嘛，可以说 Let’s … 如果你也没意见，你可以说 Do you have any suggestion?
8. – Would you like a cup of coffee? –
(A) I dislike coffee. (B) It tastes terrible. (C) No, thanks. I’ve had at home. (D) Why not? 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第五单元]C 当对方问―你喝杯咖啡吗？‖的时候，如果你想喝，可以 说 Yes, please；如果不想喝，可以说 No, thanks
9. – Let’s go fishing. – (A) How could you do that? (B) I have no interest. (C) No, are you crazy? (D) I’d like that. But I can’t afford time. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第五单元]D 当你被邀请去钓鱼，可是你没有时间去。你可以委婉拒 绝，并告知实情，说 I’d like to go, but…
10. – Should I book a table in advance? – (A) That’s a good idea. (B) You are so cautious.
(C) Why do you always want to do such thing? (D) Oh, forget it. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元] A 对方问―事先需不需要定个桌子‖，如果你认为有必要， 可以说 It’s a good idea 如果你认为没有必要，可以说 No, I don’t think so
11. Workers in big firms receive a ____________ part of their pay in th e form of bonuses and overtime. (A) enough (B) substantial (C) lot (D) amount 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第五单元] B enough 意为―足够的‖；substantial 意为―相当大（多） 的‖；rather 意为―相当地‖；amount 意为―大量‖
12. They said that food supplies were almost ____________. (A) existed (B) entered (C) exhausted (D) enquired 你选择的答案： C [正确]
正确答案：C 解答参考：[第五单元]C exist 存在；enter 进入；exhaust 使……筋疲力尽；en quire 询问
13. Most wage claims are settled by ____________. (A) compromise (B) comparable (C) comfortable (D) concentrated 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考： [第五单元] A compromise 意为―妥协处理‖； comparable 意为―可比 得上的‖；comfortable 意为―舒适的‖；concentrated 意为―专注的‖
14. Sarah looked slender-waisted, ____________ and very beautiful. (A) fragility (B) to be fragile (C) fragile (D) weakly 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第五单元] C fragility 意为―柔弱‖；to be fragile 意为―将变柔弱‖； fragile 意为―柔弱的‖；weakly 意为―微弱地‖
15. We are masters of our own ____________. (A) destiny (B) destined (C) destination (D) determination 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元]A destiny 意为―命运‖；destined 意为―命中注定的‖；des tination 意为―目的地‖；determination 意为―决心‖
16. The school will give ____________ to science, math and modern la nguages. (A) balance (B) surroundings (C) hobby (D) priority 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考： [第五单元] D balance 意为―平衡‖； surroundings 意为―周围的事物‖； hobby 意为―爱好‖；priority 意为―优先权‖
17. He seems so honest and genuine and my every ____________ say s he's not. (A) instinctive
(B) instinctively (C) instant (D) instinct 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第五单元]D instinctive 意为―本能的‖；instinctively 意为―本能地‖； instant 意为―立即的‖；instinct 意为―本能‖
18. In the dictionary a workaholic is ____________ as a person obsessi vely addicted to work. (A) regarded (B) defined (C) taken (D) labeled 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第五单元]B define…as 意为―把……定义为‖；regard (take, label )…as 意为―把……看成‖
19. I turned back after a while, but he ____________ walking. (A) kept on (B) kept from (C) kept with (D) kept to
你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元]A keep on 意为―继续干……‖；keep from 意为―远 离……‖；keep with 意为―与……同步‖；keep to 意为―坚持干……‖
20. It is best to ____________ it easy under this condition. (A) relax (B) take (C) deal with (D) cope with 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元]A relax 意为―放松‖； take it easy 意为―别着急‖； deal with 意为―处理，对付‖；cope with 意为―处理，对付‖
21. I will never again ____________ the noble potato, golden fruit of th e earth, to which we owe so much. (A) take off (B) take back (C) take sth. for granted (D) take down 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第五单元] C take off 意为―脱下‖；take back 意为―取回‖；take s
th. for granted 意为―视……为理所当然‖；take down 意为―记下‖
22. ____________ the way we had come, we could see the whole valle y spread out behind us. (A) Looking back (B) Having looked back (C) To look back (D) Being looked back 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元]A looking back 现在分词做状语，逻辑主语 we 是动作 的发出者，表示动作与主句谓语动作同时发生；having looked back 现在分词 完成式，表示动作在主句谓语动作之前发生；to look back 不定式做目的状语， 表示动作在主句谓语动作之后发生；being looked back 现在分词的被动态， 逻辑主语 we 是动作的接受者
23. I want to learn____________ about the industry so that I'm better pr epared. (A) possible of (B) as much as possible (C) as possible much (D) as possible as much 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B
解答参考：[第五单元]B as much as possible 意为―尽可能多地‖
24. Police attempted to ____________ protesters marching towards the governor’s office building. (A) turn off (B) turn on (C) turn up (D) turn back 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考： [第五单元]D turn off 意为―切断 （电源等） turn on 意为―合上 ‖； （电 源等）‖；turn up 意为―出现‖；turn back 意为―返回‖
25. Mike is ____________ Johnson. (A) as successful a manager as (B) as a successful manager (C) as a manager successful as (D) as successful manager as 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考： [第五单元]A as + 形容词 + 不定冠词 + 单数可数名词 + as 分句， 为固定结构，表示―和……一样的……‖
26. There was no obvious reason why this could not be ____________
a film as the original. (A) possible (B) likely (C) easy (D) as good 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第五单元]D possible 意为―可能的‖；likely 意为―可能的‖； easy 意为―容易的‖；as good 意为―一样好‖
27. Many foreign tourists prefer to cut a check to ____________ travel expenses. (A) give (B) cover (C) take (D) clean 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第五单元] B give 意为―给出‖；cover 意为―支付‖；take 意为―取， 拿‖；clean 意为―清洁‖
28. Schumacher ____________ effortlessly to his new surroundings. (A) adopted (B) adapted
(C) accepted (D) obtained 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考： [第五单元]B adopt 意为―采取‖； adapt 意为―适应‖； accept 意为―接 受‖；obtain 意为―获取‖
29. --What do you think of the new magazine? -- Oh, excellent. It’s worth ____________. (A) to read (B) to be read (C) reading (D) being read 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第五单元]C be worth doing sth. 是固定搭配，意为―某事值得做‖
30. Little ____________ about his own safety, though he was in great d anger himself. (A) does he care (B) did he care (C) he cares (D) he cared 你选择的答案： B [正确]
正确答案：B 解答参考：[第五单元] B little 置于句首应采用不完全倒装句
31. According to the art dealer, the painting ____________ to go for at least twenty thousand pounds. (A) is expected (B) expects (C) expected (D) is expecting 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元] A 根据语境，主语是谓语动作的接受者，故应用 is exp ected 来构成一般现在式的被动语态。
32. Be careful when you cross this very busy street. If not, you may __ __________ run over by a car. (A) have (B) get (C) become (D) turn 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第五单元] B get 此处为系动词。此处要用到一般现在式的被动语 态。主语 you 是谓语动词 run 的动作接受者
33. The discovery of new evidence led to ____________. (A) the thief having caught (B) catch the thief (C) the thief being caught (D) the thief to be caught 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第五单元]C to 为介词，后面应接动词的 –ing 形式做宾语，因该 处有被动意，因此应用被动式的 –ing 形式，因不在句首位，其逻辑主语可为名 词普通格
34. Jane kept weighing herself to see how much ____________ she wa s getting? (A) heavier (B) heavy (C) the heavier (D) the heaviest 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元]A much 用来修饰形容词的比较级，此处的 get 是系动 词
35. These local snacks taste ____________.
(A) good (B) well (C) to be good (D) to be well 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元]A taste vt. 尝味；link v. 尝起来。作系动词时后接形容 词而不接副词作表语
36. You’re ____________ your time trying to persuade him, he will neve r join us. (A) spending (B) losing (C) wasting (D) missing 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第五单元]C spend 意为―花费‖；lose 意为―失去‖；waste 意为―浪 费‖；miss 意为―错失‖，此处根据题意，应是浪费时间的意思
37. Mr. White ____________ at 8:30 for the meeting, but he didn’t turn up. (A) should have arrived (B) should arrive
(C) should have had arrived (D) should be arriving 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第五单元]A 根据题意，White 先生本该来但没有来，应使用 shou ld have +动词的过去分词，表示可以做到但没有做的事情
38. The number of deaths from heart disease will be reduced greatly if people ____________ to eat more fruit and vegetables. (A) persuade (B) will persuade (C) be persuaded (D) are persuaded 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考： [第五单元] D 主句的 will be reduced 说明后面的从句应用将来式， 但条件从句中的一般将来式应用一般现在式代替
39. The director spent as much time staying in office as he __________ __ walking around the plant. (A) does (B) had (C) was (D) did
你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第五单元] D spend time (on)doing sth. 是固定搭配，意为―花时 间做某事‖。as much …as 结构中，当 as 前后的动词是同一动词时，用 do 代替第二个动词。又因第一个动词是过去式，所以用 did 代替 spent
40. The international table tennis game will come to us ____________ fr om Germany. (A) lively (B) alive (C) live (D) living 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第五单元]C lively 意为―活泼的‖；alive 意为―活着的‖（常作表语）； live 意为―实况转播的‖；living 意为―活着的‖
（注意：若有主观题目，请按照题目，离线完成，完成后纸质上交学习中心， 记录成绩。在线只需提交客观题答案。) 二、主观题(共 1 道小题) 41. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a co mposition on the topic “My Family”. You should write no less than 80 words, and base your composition on the outline given below.
1) 介绍家庭主要成员； 2) 描述令你难忘的家庭活动。
三、阅读理解、完形填空题(共 5 道小题) 42. A man and his girlfriend were married. It was a large celebration. All of their friends and family came to see the lovely ceremony and to partake of the festivities and celebrations. All had a wonderful time. The bride was gorgeous in her white wedding gown and the groom was very dashing in his black tuxedo. Everyone could tell that the love they had for each other was true. A few months later, the wife came to the husband with a proposal, ―I read in a magazine, a while ago, about how we can strengthen our marriage,‖ she offered. ―Each of us will write a list of the things that we find a bit annoying with the other person. Then, we can talk about how we can fix them t ogether and make our lives happier together.‖ Her husband agreed. So each of them went to a separate room in t he house and thought of the things that annoyed them about the othe r. They thought about this question for the rest of the day and wrote do wn what they came up with. The next morning, at the breakfast table, they decided that they wou ld go over their lists.
―I’ll start,‖ offered the wife. She took out her list. It had many items on it. Enough to fill 3 pages in fact. As she started, reading the list of t he little annoyances, she noticed that tears were starting to appear in h er husband’s eyes. ―What’s wrong?‖ she asked. ―Nothing,‖ the husband replied, ―keep reading your list.‖ The wife continued to read until she had read all three pages to her husband. She neatly placed her list on the table and folded her hands over the top of it. ―Now，you read your list and then we’ll talk about the things on both of our lists,‖ she said happily. Quietly the husband stated, ―I don’t have anything on my list. I think that you are perfect the way that you are. I don’t want you to change anything for me. You are lovely and wonderful and I wouldn’t want to tr y and change anything about you.‖ The wife, touched by his honesty, the depth of his love for her, and his acceptance of her, turned her head and wept. [共 5 题] (1) Which is NOT true according to the passage? (A) The man and his girlfriend had a great wedding. (B) The woman wanted reasons for a divorce. (C) The man respected his wife very much. (D) The woman was moved by her husband’s kindness. 你选择的答案： B [正确]
正确答案：B (2) The woman suggested writing down another’s weak points, in order t o ________. (A) make her marriage better (B) show her annoyance with her husband (C) let other people know (D) help her husband think independently 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (3) What is the writer’s attitude to the husband’s behavior? (A) Positive (B) Ironical(讽刺的) (C) Opposite (D) None of the above. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (4) According to your understanding, why did tears appear in the husba nd’s eyes? (A) Because his wife was too perfect. (B) Because he accepted her as a whole, but she didn’t. (C) Because he loved her more than she loved him. (D) Because his wife was too rude (粗鲁的). 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B
(5) It can be inferred from the passage that the wife (A) would shorten her list. (B) would not let other people know her husband’s bad aspects. (C) would learn to respect and accept her husband fully. (D) would be confused. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 参考答案： [第五单元]; 第 5 小题：C 推断题。根据文章最后一段，妻子被感动，按正常 逻辑，她会向他学习，尊敬和接纳对方
43. Maybe it is true that we don’t know what we have got until we lose it, but it is also true that we don’t know what we have been missing u ntil it arrives. Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that t hey will love you back. Don’t expect love in return; but be content that l ove has grown in your own heart. It takes an hour to like someone, a day to love someone, but it tak es a lifetime to forget someone. Don’t rely on one’s appearance; it can deceive. Don’t rely on wealth; even that fades away. Rely on someone who makes you smile, because it takes only a smile to make a dark da y seem bright. There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug the m. Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what
you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do. May you have enough happiness to mak e you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make you happy. Always put yourself in others’ shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts others, too. The happiest of people don’t necessarily hav e the best of everything; they just make the most of everything that co mes along their way. Happiness waits for those who cry, those who hav e been hurt, those who have searched, and those who have tried, for o nly they can appreciate the importance of people who have touched thei r lives. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past. You c an’t go on well in life until you let your past failures and heartaches go off. When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you w as smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you are the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying. [共 5 题] (1) You should rely on someone who makes you smile______________ _. (A) because a smile can make your dark time easier. (B) because a smile is bright . (C) because you have nothing. (D) because you can believe someone 你选择的答案： A [正确]
正确答案：A (2) What does the word ―assurance‖ mean in the first paragraph? (A) return (B) promise (C) maintain (D) storage 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (3) In the third paragraph, ―Always put yourself in other’s shoes‖ means _______________. (A) you should try other’s shoes before you buy it. (B) you should make yourself small enough. (C) you should consider from another person’s aspect. (D) None of the above. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (4) If you are the one who is smiling and everyone around you is cryin g when you die, you are (A) Satisfied (B) Upset (C) Sad (D) Indifferent(冷漠的) 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A
(5) What has been mentioned in the passage? (A) to tell us not to demand too much (B) to warn us not to believe in appearance (C) to consider other people and learn to forgive (D) all of the above 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 参考答案： [第五单元]; 第 5 小题：D 主旨题。文章第一段谈到不要要求太多回报，第二 段谈到不要相信外表，第三段谈到要会为人着想，第四段谈到要忘掉过去。因 此选 D
44. There are two types of twins: identical and non-identical twins. Identi cal twins are formed from a single egg in mother’s body which divides t o form two separate babies. Identical twins look the same and are often dressed by their parents in clothes of the same colors. It is often diffic ult to tell identical twins from each other, even when they are standing side by side. Non-identical twins come into being when the mother prod uces two separated eggs at the same time, both of which grow to form babies. In this case the twins look like normal brothers and sisters and are easy to tell one from the other. In the 1970s and 1980s a scientist did some research into twins. He invited many pairs of identical twins to university and asked them to ta
ke part in a week of tests. He was particularly interested in adopted (收 养) twins who had been separated at birth. He would give the twins diff erent kinds of tests to study their speed of thinking, their speech, their memory, the ways they saw and heard different things, and so on. Time and time again he found separated twins who preferred clothes of the same color, used the same kind of shaving soap, wore the same shape d square glasses and the same colored socks. There is a third type of twins, but it is a very unusual one. Twins w ho are joined together at birth are known in western countries as Siame se twins. [共 5 题] (1) It is difficult to tell identical twins because ____________. (A) they are dressed in the same clothes (B) they are dressed in the same color (C) they are very alike (D) they are standing side by side 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (2) If the twins are easy to tell from each other, they are ___________ _. (A) very probably non-identical twins (B) surely non-identical twins (C) surely identical twins (D) always a brother and a sister
你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (3) Which of the following is NOT true according to this passage? (A) In the 1970s and 1980s a scientist did some research into the two main types of twins. (B) In the week of tests, he tested their speed of thinking, their speec h, their memory and some other things. (C) There were twins who had been separated from each other as soo n as they were born. (D) Very often, separated twins were found to choose things of the sa me kind, the same shape and the same color. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (4) According to the passage, how many types of twins are there actuall y ? (A) one (B) two (C) three (D) four 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (5) This passage mainly tells us ____________. (A) the main types of twins (B) what has been found out about twins
(C) how twins are formed (D) how a scientist studied twins 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 参考答案： [第五单元]; 第 5 小题：B 主旨题。文章讲述了一些有关双胞胎方面的研究结 果，因此选 B
45. The private automobile (私家车) has long played an important role in the United States. In fact, it has become a necessary and important pa rt of the American way of life. In 1986, sixty-nine percent of American f amilies owned at least one car, and thirty-eight percent had more than one. By giving workers rapid transportation, the automobile has freed th em from having to live near their place of work. This has encouraged th e growth of the cities, but it has also led to traffic problems. For farm families the automobile is very helpful. It has made it possi ble for them to travel to town very often for business and for pleasure, and also to transport their children to distant schools. Family life has been affected (影响) in various way. The car helps to keep families together when it is used for picnics, outings, and other s hared experiences. However, when teenage children have the use of the car, their parents can’t keep an eye on them. There is a great danger if the driver has been drinking alcohol or taking drugs, or showing off b
y speeding or breaking down traffic laws. Mothers of victims (受害者) of such accidents have formed an organization called MADD(Mothers Again st Drunk Driving). These women want to prevent further tragedies (悲 剧). They have worked to encourage the government to limit the younge st drinking age. Students have formed a similar organization, SADD (Stu dents Against Drunk Driving) and are spreading the same message amo ng their friends. For many Americans the automobile is a necessity. But for some, it is also a mark of social position and for young people, a sigh of becom ing an adult. Altogether, cars mean very much to Americans. [共 5 题] (1) Which of the following is NOT mentioned in the text? (A) Cars have encouraged the growth of the cities. (B) Cars can bring families together when they go for picnics. (C) Cars have enabled people to live far from their place of work. (D) Cars help city families to transport their children to faraway schools.
你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (2) What has been done to deal with the problem of drunk driving? (A) Parents have paid more attention to their children. (B) Some organizations have been set up against drunk drinking. (C) Mothers have tried to persuade their children not to drink alcohol. (D) University students have asked the government to solve the proble
m. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (3) We can infer from the text that ___________ in America. (A) it will be more difficult for people to get new cars (B) parents will not allow their children to have their own cars (C) the government will encourage people to use public transportation (D) cars will still be popular though they have cause many problems 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (4) ―By giving workers rapid transportation, the automobile has freed the m from having to live near their place of work.‖ means ___________. (A) With the help of the automobile, workers needn’t live close to their work places. (B) Automobiles make workers transport rapidly. (C) Automobiles make workers feel free to live in their place. (D) With the rapid transportation, workers have to live near their work p laces. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (5) In the text, the author is focusing on___________. (A) the advantages of the automobile (B) the disadvantages of the automobile (C) the advantages and disadvantages of the automobile
(D) the future of the automobile 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 参考答案： [第五单元]; 第 5 小题： C 主旨题。文章第一段讲的是汽车带给人们的方便， 第而段谈及汽车危害，第三段讲的是尽管有危害，人们依然需要使用汽车。
46. __(1)__ months later, the wife came to the husband with a proposa l, ―I read in a magazine, a while ago, __(2)__ how we can strengthen o ur marriage,‖ she offered. ―Each of us will write a list of the things that we find a bit annoying with __(3)__ person. Then, we can talk about how we can fix them to gether and make our lives happier together.‖ Her husband agreed. So each of them went to a separate room in t he house and thought of the things that __(4)__ them about the othe r. They thought about this question for the rest of the day and wrote __ (5)__ what they came up with. The __(6)__ morning, at the breakfast table, they decided that they __(7)__ go over their lists. ―I’ll start,‖ offered the wife. She took out her list. It had many items on it. Enough to fill 3 pages in fact. As she started, __(8)__ the list of the little annoyances, she noticed that tears were starting to appear in h er husband’s eyes. ―What’s wrong?‖ she asked.
―Nothing,‖ the husband replied, ―keep reading your list.‖ The wife continued to read __(9)__ she had read all three pages to her husband. She neatly placed her list on the table and folded her ha nds __(10)__ the top of it. [共 10 题] (1) (A) A few (B) A little (C) Few (D) Little 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (2) (A) to (B) about (C) in (D) over 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (3) (A) the other (B) another (C) next (D) other
你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (4) (A) annoying (B) annoyance (C) annoyed (D) being annoyed 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (5) (A) up (B) in (C) on (D) down 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (6) (A) second (B) other (C) next (D) later 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (7)
(A) could (B) would (C) might (D) must 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (8) (A) read (B) to read (C) to be read (D) reading 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (9) (A) while (B) after (C) until (D) the moment 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (10) (A) over (B) on (C) above
(D) up 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 参考答案： [第五单元]; 第 10 小题：A over 意为―越过（另一物）‖（两者间有距离）；o n 意为―在……上‖（直接接触）；around 意为―在周围‖；up 意为―向上‖
一、单项选择题(只有一个选项正确，共 40 道小题) 1. – I believe they have finished their tasks. – _________________ (A) No, I’d rather not. (B) No, it can’t be true. (C) No, I don’t think so. (D) No, it isn’t the same. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第八单元] C 当表示对对方的观点表示不赞成时可以用 I don’t thi nk so 来回答
2. – He must be a top student in his school. –
(A) I have doubt. (B) There is no doubt about it. (C) Yes. No doubt. (D) It is not doubtful. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第八单元]B 表示非常相信某件事时，可以用 There is no doubt about it 来表示，意指对此毫无疑问
3. – Will they go for a picnic today? – _________________ (A) Yes, perfectly. (B) Yes, it is. (C) Well, it depends. (D) Not at all. 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第八单元]C 当表示某件事不确定可以用 it depends
4. – How do you think about the result? – _________________ (A) It’s hard to say, actually. (B) No, I don’t know. (C) of course not.
(D) I never think of it. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元] A 当对方询问考试结果，而你表示担心或不确定时，可 以用 it’s hard to say
5. –Can he do it by himself? – (A) yes, he will do so. (B) Yes, that’s it. (C) Yes, it is. (D) Certainly, he can. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第八单元] D 表示肯定的回答可以用 certainly，问句中用了情态动 词 can，所以回答也应该用相应的情态动词
6. – How about going to see a film tonight? – (A) Oh, it couldn’t be better. (B) Yes, I will go. (C) Of course. (D) Yes, I think so. 你选择的答案： A [正确]
正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元]A 当对对方的题意表示赞同时，可以用 it couldn’t be be tter 来回答，表示再好不过了
7. – You will come here on time, won’t you? – . (A) Certainly, I will. (B) Yes, it’s true. (C) Yes, it is no doubt. (D) Yes, I do. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元]A 问句中用了助动词 will，所以肯定的回答也应该用 will
8. – Will you be able to finish the job this month? – _________________ (A) I can't say so. (B) I'm not sure so. (C) I don't know so. (D) I don't expect so. 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第八单元]B 对对方的问话表示不肯定、不确定时可以用 I’m not s ure 来回答
9. – Would you like to go shopping with me? – _________________ (A) All right. (B) That's all right. (C) No, I won't. (D) I’d like to. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第八单元] D 对 would you like to do… 问句的肯定回答应该用 I’d like to
10. – Lily, did you have a good weekend? – _________________ (A) Yes, it was wonderful. (B) Thanks for caring. (C) It’s a pleasure. (D) Oh, that’s very nice of you. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元]A 当别人询问―周末过得好吗‖的时候，可以用 Yes, it wa s wonderful 来回答
11. With a ____________ smile, he went out of the room.
(A) content (B) contented (C) misery (D) miserable 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第八单元]B contented 意为―（对……）满足的, 心安的‖；content 意为―（仅作表语） （对……）满足的，满意的‖；misery 意为―痛苦，不幸‖； miserable 意为―痛苦的，悲惨的，可怜的‖
12. Women ____________ fewer crimes than men. (A) commit (B) forbid (C) overcome (D) afflict 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元] A commit 意为―犯（错误、坏事或非法的事）‖；forbid 意为―禁止‖；overcome 意为―克服‖；afflict 意为―使痛苦，折磨‖
13. Mary is always complaining ____________ something. (A) with (B) for (C) about
(D) of 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第八单元] C complain about sth. 意为―抱怨某事‖；complain of sth. 意为―诉说病痛‖
14. ____________ his homework, he went to watch TV. (A) Having finished (B) Finished (C) Finishing (D) To finish 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元]A 分词短语作时间状语，如果其动作先于主动词的动作， 且强调先后，要用完成式 having done
15. I’ve tried very hard to improve my English. But by no means _____ ______ with my progress. (A) the teacher is not satisfied (B) is the teacher not satisfied (C) the teacher is satisfied (D) is the teacher satisfied 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D
解答参考：[第八单元]D by no means 意为―一点儿也不‖，位于句首时句子要 倒装。B 选项多了个 not
16. It is good for you to have such a good chance to study abroad, but it remains ____________ whether you can really learn something usefu l. (A) to be seen (B) to see (C) seen (D) seeing 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元] A 表示―留待，尚需‖的意思时，remain 后应跟不定式 t o do 结构。而根据句意 whether you can really learn something useful 是 实际的主语，是有待观察的对象，所以应该用被动语态
17. The Town Council has spent a lot of money to ____________ this r emarkable old building. (A) preserve (B) preview (C) prefer (D) present 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A
解答参考：[第八单元] A preserve 意为―保存，储存‖；preview 意为―预习‖； prefer 意为―更喜欢，宁愿选择‖；present 意为―赠与，献给‖
18. The majority of smokers say that they would like to ____________ t he habit. (A) sweep (B) flatter (C) quit (D) release 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第八单元] C sweep 意为―打扫，扫除‖；flatter 意为―奉承，谄媚‖； quit 意为―放弃‖；release 意为―释放，发行‖
19. ____________ the pilots’ strike, all flights have had to be cancelled. (A) As a result of (B) With the result that (C) Result in (D) Result from 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元]A as a result of 意为―作为……的结果‖； with the res ult that 意为―结果，因此‖；result in 意为―导致‖；result from 意为―产生，起 因于‖
20. Be quiet ____________ you should wake the baby. (A) in any case (B) in case (C) in case of (D) in no case 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第八单元]B in any case 意为―无论如何‖； in case 意为―以防， 预防‖；in case of 意为―假使，万一‖；in no case 意为―决不‖
21. I can’t ____________ time away from my work. (A) entertain (B) contain (C) soothe (D) spare 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考： [第八单元]D entertain 意为―娱乐‖； contain 意为―由……构成， 包括‖； soothe 意为―使……平静，安慰‖； spare 意为―腾出，让给‖
22. In such dry weather, the flowers will have to be watered if they ___ _________. (A) have survived
(B) are to survive (C) would survive (D) will survive 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第八单元] B 主句用一般将来时时，条件状语从句用一般现在时表 示将来时，故排除 ACD。are to survive 用在 if 引导的条件句中，表示假设
23. ____________ other games, this one isn’t very interesting. (A) In comparison with (B) by comparison to (C) For comparison with (D) In comparison 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元]A in comparison (with/to) 意为―与……相比较‖；by co mparison with 意为―与……相比较‖；for comparison with 意为―为了与……相 比较‖。因为宾语 other games 的存在，故选 A
24. The school sees its job as preparing students to make a contributio n ____________ society. (A) to (B) in (C) for
(D) throughout 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元] A make a contribution to 意为―为……作贡献‖
25. Robots now ____________ workers in some factories. (A) have taken the room of (B) have taken the seat of (C) have taken the place of (D) have taken the position of 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第八单元]C ―代替‖的表达方式为 take the place of
26. I cannot concentrate ____________ anything when I am hungry. (A) on (B) with (C) at (D) in 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元]A concentrate on sth. 意为―把注意力集中于……‖
27. He does not lack money, I’m afraid he ____________ your generosi
ty. (A) is taking advantage of (B) is filled with (C) appeals to (D) is based on 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考： [第八单元]A take advantage to 意为―利用‖； filled with 意为―充 be 满‖；appeal to 意为―吸引；呼吁‖；be based on 意为―以……为基础‖
28. She wired her father the moment ____________ she reached the h otel. (A) that (B) which (C) how (D) then 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考： [第八单元]A the moment (that) … 引导时间状语从句， 表示―一…… 就‖，that 可以省略
29. The chairman thought ____________ necessary to invite Professor S mith to speak at the meeting. (A) that
(B) it (C) this (D) him 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第八单元]B 动词不定式 to invite Professor Smith to speak at t he meeting 是句子的宾语，用 it 作形式宾语。
30. ---Would you like to go for a picnic with us tomorrow? --- Of course, I ____________. (A) would (B) would like (C) would like to (D) wouldn’t like 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第八单元] C Would you like to 的回答也应用 would like to 的 结构。
31. It will be a long time before we arrive, so ____________ every cha nce to rest. (A) give (B) make (C) follow
(D) take 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第八单元]D take chance to do sth. 意为―抓紧机会做……‖
32. There's nobody here _____________ me. (A) rather than (B) other than (C) less than (D) more than 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 解答参考：[第八单元] B rather than 意为―而不是‖；other than 意为―除…之 外‖；less than 意为―少于‖；more than 意为―超过‖
33. The apartment is really too small, but it’s ____________ for the tim e being. (A) tolerable (B) tolerant (C) intolerable (D) intolerant 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元] A tolerable 意为―可忍受的‖；tolerant 意为―宽容的‖；in
tolerable 意为―不可忍受的‖；intolerant 意为―偏狭的‖
34. Sometimes it was a bit boring to work there because there wasn’t a lways ____________ much to do. (A) such (B) that (C) more (D) very 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元]B That 用作副词，相当于 so，意为―那么‖
35. Why! I have nothing to confess. ____________ you want me to sa y? (A) What is it that (B) What it is that (C) How is it that (D) How it is that 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元] A 此句考察对强调句型的运用。本题的强调句型是一个 特殊疑问句，对疑问词 what 进行强调。应用―被强调的疑问词＋is it that…‖这 一句型。而 how 不能作宾语
36. Helen had to shout ____________ above the sound of the music. (A) making herself hear (B) to make herself hear (C) making herself heard (D) to make herself heard 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第八单元] D 此句中动词不定式作目的状语。在动词短语 to make herself heard 中，heard 作宾补，与 herself 是被动关系。
37. The rescue team made every ____________ to find the missing mo untain climber. (A) force (B) energy (C) effort (D) possibility 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第八单元] C force 意为―力量，力气‖；energy 意为―能量‖；make every effort to do sth. 为固定搭配，意为―尽一切努力做某事‖； possibility 意为―可能性―
38. The union are threatening to ____________ if their pay demands ar e not met.
(A) gamble (B) curse (C) compare (D) strike 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D 解答参考：[第八单元] D gamble 意为―赌博―； curse 意为‖使……遭殃；诅咒 ―；compare 意为‖比较―；strike 意为―罢工‖
39. The collapse of the World Trade Centre has put U.S. economy in a difficult ____________. (A) occasion (B) case (C) situation (D) background 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 解答参考：[第八单元] C occasion 意为―重大时刻，场合‖；case 意为―实情， 情况，案例‖；situation 意为―处境，形势‖；background 意为―背景‖
40. Women ____________ going out without a veil. (A) are forbidden from (B) are forbade from (C) are forbidden to
(D) are forbade to 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 解答参考：[第八单元] A 禁止某人做某事：forbid sb. to do sth. ；forbid sb. from doing sth. forbid 的过去式和过去分词分别为 forbade，forbidden
（注意：若有主观题目，请按照题目，离线完成，完成后纸质上交学习中心， 记录成绩。在线只需提交客观题答案。) 二、主观题(共 1 道小题) 41. Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a co mposition on the topic “Physical Exercise”. You should write no less th an 80 words, and base your composition on the outline given below.
1) 从事体育运动有哪些好处； 2) 你常做的体育运动。
三、阅读理解、完形填空题(共 5 道小题) 42. Mark felt that it was time for him to take part in his community, so he went to the neighborhood meeting after work. The area’s city council woman (女议员) was leading a discussion about how the quality of life was decreasing. The neighborhood faced many problems. Mark looked a t the charts taped to the walls. There are charts for parking problems, c
rime, and for problems in vacant buildings. People were supposed to su ggest solutions to the councilwoman. It was too much for Mark. ―The pr oblems are too big,‖ he thought. He turned to the man next to him and said, ―I think this is a waste of my time. Nothing I could do would mak e a difference here.‖ Mark thought some more on his way to the bus stop. ―People shoul d just take care of themselves,‖ he decided. ―That’s enough to do. I ca n’t take on all the problems of the world.‖ As he neared the bus stop, Mark saw a woman carrying a grocery bag and baby. She was trying to unlock her car, but she didn't have a free hand. As Mark got closer, h er other child, a little boy, suddenly darted into the street. The woman t ried to reach for him, but as she moved, her bag shifted and groceries started to fall out. Mark ran to take the boy's arm and led him back to his mother. Then he picked up the groceries while the woman smiled in relief. ―Thanks!‖ she said， ―You’ve got great timing!‖ ―Just being neighbo rly,‖ Mark said. As he rode home, he glanced at the walls of the bus. On one of them was ―Small acts of kindness add up.‖ Mark smiled and thought, ―Maybe that’s a good place to start.‖ [共 5 题] (1) It is known from the passage that _________. (A) Mark played an active part in community activities (B) the city councilwoman was responsible for the falling of life quality (C) Mark did not take part in the community in the past. (D) many people were discouraged by the many problems facing them
你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (2) In Mark’s opinion , ___________. (A) nobody was so able as to solve the problems (B) he was not in the position to solve such problems (C) many people were too selfish to think about others (D) he already had more than enough work to do 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (3) The word ―darted‖ in paragraph 2 can be best replaced by _______ __. (A) walked (B) marched (C) wandered (D) dashed 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (4) What is the implication of the words on the bus wall? (A) You should be kind to your neighbors and they will treat you the s ame way. (B) Everyone can play his own part to make things better. (C) All small acts will add up to kindness. (D) It’s a small act to help a person in need. 你选择的答案： B [正确]
正确答案：B (5) The passage is mainly about ____________. (A) how individuals can help make a difference (B) running a neighborhood meeting to solve its problems (C) citizens' reactions to the problems they face (D) solving problems through group action 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 参考答案： [第八单元]; 第 5 小题：A 主旨题。全文通过马克的故事讲述了每个人都可以 从身边的事做起让世界有所改变。所以选 A（个体如何改变世界）
43. Most of us compare ourselves with anyone we think is happier – a r elative, an acquaintance or, often someone we barely know. I once met a young man who struck me as particularly successful and happy. He spoke of his love for his beautiful wife and their three daughters, and of his joy at being a radio talk show host in a city he loved. I remember thinking that he was one of those lucky few for whom everything goes effortlessly right. Then we started talking about the Internet. He blessed its existence, he told me, because he could look up information on multi ple sclerosis – the terrible disease afflicting his wife. I felt like a fool for assuming nothing unhappy existed in his life. One effective way of destroying happiness is to look at something a
nd focus on even the smallest flaw. It’s like looking at the tiled ceiling a nd concentrating on the space where one tile is missing. As a bald ma n told me, ―Whenever I enter a room, all I see is hair.‖ Once you’ve de termined what your missing tile is, explore whether acquiring it will really make you happy. Then do one of the three things: get it, replace it wit h a different tile, or forget about it and focus on the tiles in your life th at are not missing. We all know people who have had a relatively easy life yet are ess entially unhappy. And we know people who have suffered a great deal but generally remain happy. The first secret is gratitude. All happy peopl e are grateful. Ungrateful people cannot be happy. The second secret is realizing that happiness is a byproduct of something else. The most ob vious sources are those pursuits that give our lives purpose. Finally, we need a spiritual faith, or a philosophy of life. If you choose to find the positive in virtually every situation, you will be blessed, and if you choos e to find the awful, you will be cursed. [共 5 题] (1) What is NOT mentioned about the young man the author met? (A) His career (B) His parents (C) His attitude towards life (D) His wife 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B
(2) Why people are always unhappy? (A) to compare with others (B) to be ungrateful (C) to focus on minor flaws (D) all of the above 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (3) What should you do first when you find out your missing tile? (A) to replace it (B) to forget it (C) to think about whether it will bring you happiness or not (D) to obtain it 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (4) What will help us to remain smile in life according to the passage? (A) gratitude (B) dream (C) life philosophy (D) all of the above 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (5) Which of the following statements is true according to the passage? (A) Happiness is under our control. (B) People who live an easy life will always keep happy.
(C) People who suffer a lot in life are usually unhappy (D) Happiness depends on your life instead of your belief 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A 参考答案： [第八单元]; 第 5 小题： A 细节题。文中作者讲述了如何才能幸福，告诉我 们幸福在很大程度上是可以驾驭的。它需要我们奋力去争取，而消极等待是换 不来幸福感的。因此选 A（幸福是可以掌控的）
44. Many people think that when they become rich and successful, happ iness will naturally follow. Let me tell you that nothing is further from th e truth. The world is full of very rich people who are as miserable as if they were living in hell. We have read stories about movie stars who c ommitted suicide or died from drugs. Quite clearly, money is not the onl y answer to all problems. Wealth obtained through dishonest means does not bring happines s. Lottery winnings do not bring happiness. Gambling winnings do not br ing happiness. To my mind, the secret to happiness lies in your succes sful work, in your contribution towards others’ happiness and in your we alth you have earned through your own honest effort. If you obtain weal th through luck or dishonest means, you will know that it is ill-earned m oney. If you get your money by taking advantage of others or by hurtin g others, you will not be happy with it. You will think you are a base p
erson. Long-term happiness is based on honesty, productive work, contrib ution, and self-esteem. Happiness is not an end; it is a process. It is a continuous process of honest, productive work which makes a real cont ribution to others and makes you feel you are a useful, worthy person. As Dr. Wayne wrote, ―There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.‖ There is no use saying ―Someday when I achieve these goals, w hen I get a car, build a house and own my own business, then I will b e really happy.‖ Life just does not work that way. If you wait for certain things to happen and depend on external circumstances of life to make you happy, you will always feel unfulfilled. There will always be someth ing missing. [共 5 题] (1) What does ―nothing is further from the truth‖ mean? (A) Something. is completely untrue. (B) Something is completely true. (C) We can find out the truth. (D) We cannot find out the truth. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (2) What are the secrets to happiness in the author’s mind? (A) successful work (B) contribution to other’happiness (C) honest effort
(D) all of the above. 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (3) Which of the following is not dishonest means for wealth? (A) lottery winning (B) gambling winnings (C) hard work (D) taking advantage of others 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (4) What does the sentence ―There is no way to happiness. Happiness i s the way.‖ mean according to the passage? (A) Happiness is not an end; it is a process. (B) People do not know how to get happiness. (C) It is hard to get happiness. (D) Happiness is what you feel. 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (5) What is the meaning of the word ―unfulfilled‖? (A) uncontrolable (B) impolite (C) dissatisfied (D) abnormal 你选择的答案： C [正确]
正确答案：C 参考答案： [第八单元]; 第 5 小题：C 推断题。根据文章的第三段原句―If you wait for certain things to happen and depend on external circumstances of life to make you happy, you will always feel unfulfilled‖fulfill 的意思是―不满意 的、不满足的‖。因此选 C
45. The World Trade Organization (WTO), founded on January 1, 1995, aims to encourage international trade to flow as freely as possible, maki ng sure that trade agreements are respected and that any disputes can be settled． In the five years since its founding, the WTO has become well known as one of the world's most powerful economic organizations, taki ng its place alongside the World Bank and International Monetary Fund (国际货币基金组织)． The system of global rules for international trade, however, date s back half a century to 1948 when the General Agreement on Tariffs (关税) and Trade (GATT) was formed after World War II． As time went by, it became clear that the GATT had two major drawbacks—the limited areas of trade it covered, and the lack of an eff ective system to settle disputes． After seven years of trade talks ending in 1994, the so-called Ur uguay Round (乌拉圭回合谈判) finally gave birth to the WTO, complete
with an effective system to settle disputes and to form new rules coveri ng trade in services and intellectual property． Even after seven years of talks and with 22,500 pages of agree ments reached problems remained, especially in the difficult-to-deal-with areas of agriculture and services． [共 5 题] (1) What is the purpose of the WTO? (A) To encourage international trade to flow freely． (B) To make sure that trade agreements are respected． (C) To settle any disputes． (D) All of the above 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (2) According to the passage ,the GATT stopped working_______． (A) in 1948 (B) in 1994 (C) after World War Ⅱ ended (D) during the seven years of the Uruguay Round talk 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (3) The WTO is better than the GATT in that_____． (A) it can settle disputes in more areas of international trade (B) it enables its members to sign agreements more easily (C) it deals with problems in agriculture and services more effectively
(D) it pays more attention to service and intellectual property 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (4) The word ―drawbacks ‖in Paragraph 4 means ______． (A) Weak points (B) Strong points (C) Improvements (D) Changes 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (5) According to the last two paragraphs ,which of the following stateme nts is true? (A) The WTO is the world's most powerful economic organization (B) The GATT was founded in Uruguay in 1995 (C) The WTO has an effective system to settle disputes and to form n ew rules (D) All the countries in the world are member nations of the WTO 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C 参考答案： [第八单元]; 第 5 小题：C 细节题。从文中第二段可知 WTO 与国际货币基金 组织都是世界上最权威有力的经济组织，故答案 A 错误；从文中第三段可知 GATT 于 1948 年形成，故答案 B 错误。文中第五段确实提到 WTO 具备更有 效的解决贸易争端和建立新规则的体制；根据常识可知并不是每个国家都是世
46. Smoking is harmful to health． Our tobacco-seller, Mr. Johnson, alway s asks his customers, if they are very young, whom the cigarettes are b ought __(1)__． One day, a little girl whom he had never seen before wa lked into his shop and demanded twenty cigarettes．She had the __(2)_ _ amount of money in her hand and seemed very sure of herself．Mr. J ohnson was so __(3)__by her confident manner that he forgot to ask hi s usual question．__(4)__, he asked her what kind of cigarettes she wa nted． The girl replied readily and handed him the money． While he was giving her the __(5)__, Mr. Johnson said laughingly that as she was so young she should __(6)__ the packet in her pocket in case a policema n saw it．__(7)__, the little girl did not seem to find it funny．Without ev en smiling she took the packet and walked towards the door．Suddenly she stopped, turned __(8)__, and looked at Mr. Johnson．There was a moment of silence and Mr. Johnson __(9)__ what she was going to sa y． at once, in a clear, firm voice, she said ―My dad is a policeman,‖ All and with that she walked quickly __(10)__ the shop． [共 10 题] (1) (A) with (B) to (C) for (D) by 你选择的答案： C [正确]
正确答案：C (2) (A) exact (B) some (C) large (D) enough 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (3) (A) worried (B) annoyed (C) surprised (D) pleased 你选择的答案： C [正确] 正确答案：C (4) (A) Therefore (B) Instead (C) Anyway (D) Somehow 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (5) (A) change
(B) warning (C) bill (D) cigarettes 你选择的答案： D [正确] 正确答案：D (6) (A) cover (B) hide (C) dip (D) take 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (7) (A) Nevertheless (B) Moreover (C) Therefore (D) Then 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (8) (A) away (B) round (C) over (D) aside
你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B (9) (A) wondered (B) considered (C) doubted (D) expected 你选择的答案： A [正确] 正确答案：A (10) (A) into (B) out of (C) on (D) away 你选择的答案： B [正确] 正确答案：B 参考答案： [第八单元]; 第 10 小题：B 根据上下文知此时女孩应是走出商店，所以选 o ut of