选修 6 第 3 单元
1. But I did finally manage. (P18) manage v. (1) 意为“设法完成(某件困难的事)，多跟不定式，也可接名词或代词，意为“设法做到；拿得动；吃得下” eg: She managed to pass her driving test on the fifth attempt. If you can get the material, we can manage the money. (2) 意为“经营；管理” eg: He finally promised to manage his father’s company (3) 意为“能解决(问题)；应付(困难局面)”eg: How do you manage without a washing machine? 2. … I knew it was time to quit smoking. (P18) quit vt. (1) 意为“停止；戒掉” ，后接动词-ing 形式。 eg: I wish you’d all quit complaining. (2) 意为“停止(工作)；离职” ashamed eg: Would you quit as a teacher if you inherited lots of money?
3. If you weaken and have a cigarette, don’t ashamed. (P19) adj. (1) 意为“感到羞耻；惭愧的” ，多作表语，不作定语。 (2) ashamed of 意为“为??感到羞愧” ，也可接不定式或 that 从句。 eg: She ought to be thoroughly ashamed of herself — talking to her mother like that! 4. You see, … I became addicted to cigarettes. (P18) addicted adj. 意为“有瘾的；上瘾的” ，不用于名词前，通常与 to 连用作表语。 eg: Tobacco is highly addictive. eg: By the age of 14, he was addicted to heroin. addictive adj. 意为“使人上瘾的” accustomed 5. This means that after a while your body becomes accustomed to having nicotine in it … (P18) adj. 意为“习惯于” ，相当于 be used to，后接名词、代词、或动词-ing 形式。常构成 be / get / grow / become I’m not accustomed to getting up so early. 6. I think my long and active life must be due to the healthy life I live. (P18) due to (1) 意为“由于；因为” ， 常构成 due to sth / sb 结构，作表语。 eg: He arrived late due to the storm. eg: Have you decided on / upon a date for your wedding? eg: We went out in spite of the rain. eg: The team’s success was largely due to her efforts. (2) 意为“由于” ，作状语 7. Decide on a day to quit. (P19) decide on 意为“决定；选定” in spite of 意为“不管；尽管” 8. In spite of her wounded leg, she managed to get up the stairs. (P20) 9. Adolescents often take more risks than adults. (P20) take risks 意为“冒危险” ，risk 作名词时，意为“风险；危险” ，作可数名词或不可数名词。 eg: The fuel tank could blow up, but that’s a risk we’ll have to take. Don’t take any risks — just ring the police. at risk 意为“处于危险之中” eg: We must stop these rumours — the firm’s reputation is at risk. at the risk of 意为“冒??的危险” eg: At the risk of sounding stupid, can I ask a simple question? run the risk of doing sth 意为“冒??的危险” eg: Anyone travelling without a passport runs the risk of being arrested. risk 作动词时，常用 risk doing sth，意为“冒危险干某事” ，或者 risk your life to do sth 意为“冒着生命危险做某事” 。 eg: Are you prepared to risk travelling without an armed guard? Martina risked her life to save her dog from the fire. 10. What health issues do you think concern young people the most? (P17) concern concern v. 意为“关心，关注；使焦虑，使心烦” ，不能用于被动语态中。 vt. 常用于以下结构中： 1 eg: The fact that she spends so much time on her own really concerns me. accustomed to (doing) sth。eg: He was accustomed to a life of luxury.
(1) concern oneself with / about + sth / doing sth 意为“关心某事” eg: When finishing working, she concerned herself with looking after the old people in her area. (2) be concerned for sb / about sth 意为“关心某人或某事” 11. Many people carrying HIV look perfectly healthy. (P22) perfectly adv. 意为“完美地；完全地” ，常用来修饰形容词或副词。 eg: You know perfectly well what I mean, We want to make our position perfectly clear. perfectly 来源于形容词 perfect，perfect 通常有如下三个意思： (1) 意为“完美的；极好的；理想的” ，它没有比较级的变化，也不能用 very 修饰 (3) 意为“精确的” eg: a perfect circle eg: None of us are perfect. (2) 意为“完全的；纯然的” ，表达一种绝对的程度，用作定语。eg: The street was in perfect silence. 12. Every time you feel like smoking a cigarette, … (P19) feel like doing 意为“感到想做某事或得到某物” ，表示人的意向，与 would like 同义，有以下两个结构： (1) feel like + sth eg: I feel like a cup of coffee. eg: I feel like going to bed. = I’d like to go to bed. (2) feel like + doing sth (不能接动词不定式) feel like 还有如下的几个意思： (1) 意为“(人)感觉像” (3) 意为“感觉好像” eg: I feel like catching a cold. eg: It feels like wood, but it is not wood. eg: I feel like there are thousands of worms crawling in my body. eg: He isn’t feeling quite himself this morning. (2) 意为“摸起来像；感觉像是” (4) 意为“(人)感觉正常” eg: She is always concerned for pupils. (3) be concerned at / over sth 意为“为某事忧虑重重”eg: She was extremely concerned at her mother ’s health.
13. What they don’t realize is that they will get into the habit and eventually become addicted. (P21) get into 在此处构成“get into the habit / way / routine of”的结构形式，意为“养成??习惯 / 方式 / 惯例” ，不用于被动语 态。eg: He had got into the habit of walking home through the park. get into 还可构成如下结构：(1) get (sb) into trouble / difficulties 意为“使(某人)陷入困境 / 麻烦等” 。 eg: That’s the exact trouble you’ve got me into. (2) get (sb) into a temper / state / mood 意为“使(某人)发脾气 / 心烦意乱” eg: Don’t get into a mood / temper about it. (3) get into sth 意为“开始对(某个行动或某个话题)感兴趣” eg: Lots of my friends are getting into Green Movement. 14. “It” can be used in the subject position to stand for an infinitive, -ing form or a clause. (P21) stand for (1) vi.+prep.意为“代表；是??的缩写” eg: ---What does PRC stand for?---It stands for the People’s Republic of China. (2) 意为“赞成；支持；主张” 一、单词拼写 1. Don’t (施压) the boy any more. He has been too worried about the exam. (自动地) on the road before I started it. (精神上). (羞耻) of. (最后). (完美地). (判断). 2 (停止) smoking, but he didn’t listen at all. 2. What a surprise! The car ran 4. I tried to persuade him to eg: I hated the organization and all it stood for. (3) 意为“容忍；容许” ，多用于疑问句和否定句，同 stand。 eg: We will not stand for this sort of behaviour.
3. Doing proper exercise can help you keep healthy physically and 5. You needn’t worry about the failing exam. It’s nothing to be 6. If you keep on doing like this, you ’ll achieve your goal 7. The judges didn’t believe the criminal’s 9. Mastering some grammar rules is 8. The employee was awarded because he had finished the task 10. I can’t decide for you; you have to make use of your own
(陈述) that he had nothing with the crime. (基本的) if you want to learn English well.
11. As we all know, c 12. Having had too much a 13. A 14. Drugs are a 16. P
contains much nicotine, which is harmful to our health. , the old man lay on the ground, drunk and asleep.
are easy to cheat, because they don’t have so much social experience as adults. . Once taking drugs, you will find it hard to get out of them. . It won’t be long before they have a second child. . of oil has been increased greatly, which makes the oil price down. workers, so as a man you can’t be employed. . In fact, I can’t understand it at all. doing such a dangerous job.
15. His wife has become p
17. The man was arrested, because what he had done was i 18. The company needs only f 19. The article is beyond my c 二、汉译英
20. He is too young. I won’t allow him to r
1. 最近，我弟弟染上了吸烟的坏习惯，这让我父母非常着急。(get into) 2. 不管发生什么事，我都会支持你的。(stand for) 3. 我很难理解他为什么对因特网如此上瘾。(be addicted to) 4. 如今我们的生活如此便利， 在很大程度上是由于科学的发展。(be largely due to) 5. 只要你不半途而废，最终就一定会实现你的梦想。(eventually) 6. 尽管我遇到了很多困难，但我还是设法得到了出国的机会。(manage) 7. 过去这个小男孩早上常常起得很晚，但现在他已经习惯早起了。(be accustomed to) 8. 尽管有受伤的危险，这位勇敢的记者还是去采访了那个重要事件。(in spite of) 9. 如果你想在生意上获得成功，经常冒风险是很自然的。(take risks) 10. 我认为你应该为你的所作所为感到羞耻。(ashamed) 三、高考连线 1. I just wonder A. why it does A. that --. B. No. Good idea B. that B. that . B. So I do not . C. give it out matters. C. which C. Although C. It is requires D. this D. As soon as D. It requires D. give it away C. So did you D. So do I C. Yes, please C. one C. it D. Yes. Better not D. it D. them her duty to look after all the other people’s affairs in that town. that makes him so excited. B. what he does B. when C. how it is C. since D. what it is D. as he realized it was not so important.
2. It was after he got what he had desired 3. ---Do you mind my smoking here? A. No, thanks A. this 5. If I can help A. so ---
4. As the busiest woman in Norton, she made
, I don’t like working late into the night.
6. ---I reminded you not to forget the appointment. A. So you did
7. ---Smoking is bad for your health. ---Yes, I know. But I simply can’t A. give it up A. that 9. 10. A. Now that A. What is required B. give it in B. what B. After B. What requires 8. It is what you do rather than what you say
you’ve got a chance, you might as well make full use of it. in the regulations that you should not tell other people the passwords of your e-mail account.
11. ---He was nearly drowned once. 3
---When was --A. that; It 12. I’d appreciate A. that A. it A. one --A. So it is A. it .
? B. this; This B. it B. she B. ones C. this; It C. this C. which we like yet. C. it D. them D. that; This D. you didn’t help. D. he
was in 1998 when he was in middle school. if you would like to teach me how to use the computer.
13. The doctor advised Vera strongly that she should take a holiday, but 14. We’ve been looking at houses but haven’t found
15. ---Well, I do think the rabbit is a beautiful, gentle animal which can run very fast. B. So is it B. that C. So does it C. one D. So it does D. this
16. It is the ability to do the job
matters not where you come from or what you are.
Ⅱ . 热点语法：it 的用法（1）
1、 it 代表刚提到的东西（可指具体东西，也可指抽象东西） ，也可指一个彼此都知其所指的东西。 eg：You have saved my life; I shall never forget it. (it 指“救命”这件事) You can’t eat the cake and it’s mine. (it 指蛋糕，具体事物) How is it going with you? (it 指双方都知晓的事情) 2、it 指代时间、天气、距离、环境等时，在句中充当主语，一般不译出，无复数形式。 eg: It is seven o’clock now. (时间) It is cold today. (天气) It is twenty miles from here to our school. (距离) It is quiet here. (环境) 3、it 指代不定式和动名词。 eg：It makes me sick to think about the problem. (指代不定式 to think about the problem) It’s terribly tiring working late like this. (指代动名词 working late like this) 4、用 for 和 of 引起的短语，表示动作逻辑上的主语。 eg：It’s very kind of you to have listened to me. It’s important for us students to learn English well. 5、指代 that 引起的从句。eg: It was clear that he has known the news. It’s such a great pleasure that you are here. It suddenly occurred to him that this was an act he could never do. 6、指代连接代词或副词引起的名词性从句。eg: Is it known where they went? It’s not my business how she chooses to live. 7、用于强调句，强调主语、宾语、介词宾语以及状语。强调人时用 that、who / whom。 eg: It was she who / that had been wrong. (主语) It was the girl whom / that I met just now. (宾语) It was Tom to whom the teacher had talked. (介词宾语) It was on Monday night that all this happened. (状语) 8、作形式宾语（指代不定式和从句） eg: I find it easy enough to get on with Kate. (指代不定式) I think it best that you should stay here. (指代从句) 语法专练： 1. The boy became fatter and fatter each day and made his parents sad. 4
D. it . D. who it is
2. Someone is ringing the doorbell. Go and see A. who is he B. who he is C. who is it 3. In fact, A. this A. he 5. Does A. this 6. A. He 7. I took A. that A. so B. that B. which B. that B. What B. the thing B. such C. there C. she C. he C. It C. it C. it
is a hard job for the police to keep order in an important football match. D. it didn’t help. D. it D. it D. That D. this . we got the full results. D. would be; before D. that some time C. was; after D. It is
4. Tom’s mother kept telling him that he should work harder, but matter whether he can finish the job on time? used to be thought that the earth was square. for granted that he would believe in us.
8. He lived in poverty, and he couldn’t help 9. We had to be patient because it A. has been; since 10. A. There was ---Yes, I’ve seen A. that 12. A. That B. it B. It is B. had been; until B. There is . C. such C. It D. one D. This C. It was
four years since I joined the army.
11. ---Have you ever seen a whale alive?
being March 12th, they planted trees on the hill. cleaned it? D. he was D. when you’ve D. If they were not D. it; stayed
13. Our classroom is very clean. Do you know who A. was it that A. that you 15. A. If it is not 16. She finds A. it; staying ---It’s no A. question A. washed B. it was that B. when you C. was it who C. that you ’ve 14. It’s the third time arrived late this month.
for the free tickets, I would not have gone to the films so often. B. Where it not boring C. Had it not been at home. C. this; to stay
B. that; being stayed
17. ---Few children are as bright as he is, and also, he works very hard. that he always gets the first place in any examination. B. doubt C. problem D. wonder and dressed. D. are washed
18. Now then, children. It’s high time you B. should wash
C. were washed
一、单项选择 1. --- Why can’t your father give up drinking, David? --- He has been A. linked --A. Yes. Help yourself. B. Of course not. It ’s not permitted here 5 to it, I think. B. addicted C. devoted D. stuck
2. --- Would you mind if I walked the dog here?
C. I’d rather you didn’t actually. 3. It’s difficult for one to learn English well, A. especially A. apart from A. risking to go A. immediately A. managed 8. The man used A. working; working A. lucky 10. A. In case of A. they B. naturally B. because of B. to risk going B. luckily B. attempted B. to work; work B. possible B. In spite of B. one
D. What a good idea it is! if he or she doesn’t show interest in it. D. unfortunately his hard work and iron will. D. due to there alone at night. D. risk going . D. automatically to work it out in a special way. D. failed in the daytime. D. working; work D. likely D. Except for will need some work before he can use it. D. it white one. D. a; a C. basically C. thanks to C. for risk to go C. eventually C. succeeded
4. It’s agreed that the great success of his career is largely 5. Whatever the little girl said, her parents would not allow her
6. Don’t lose heart! As long as you keep on working like this, you ’ll succeed 7. Although the math problem was rather difficult, he
in the evening, but now he has become accustomed to C. to work; working C. probable C. Account for C. which smaller one, sir? C. the; a it this morning. B. wrote , and so has Mary. B. So he has B. which; that C. So has he he treated his mother C. /; which D. So did he he was punished? D. that; that C. was writing D. had written
9. Our football team has better players and we are
to defeat theirs and become the final winner.
many difficulties, the policemen helped the lost boy find his parents at last.
11. The college student has bought a second-hand computer but 12. --- Would you like to try A. the; the --- I have no idea. He A. has written --A. So he did A. /; / 二、完形填空 B. a; the
--- No. The size is fit for me, but I want to try
13. --- Has Alfred finished the composition assigned by his Chinese teacher?
14. --- Has Li Hua decided on Jiuzhaigou for his travel this time?
15. Was it because of the way
Once upon a time there was a little boy who was raised in an orphanage. The little boy had always bird. It was very difficult for him to understand There was girls. One day the little orphan boy 20 19 17 he could not fly. “Is there anything wrong 18
that he could fly like a
me?” he wondered.
little boy who was crippled (残疾的). He had always wished that he could walk and run like other little boys and from the orphanage. He came upon a park where he saw the little crippled boy playing in a 21 wanted to fly like a bird.
sandbox. He ran over to the little boy and asked him if he had 23 ,” said the little orphan boy. “Do you think we could be “Sure,” said the little boy. The two little boys 25
“No,” said the little boy. “ 22 I have wondered what it would be like to walk and run like other boys and girls. ” “That is too 24 ?” he asked. 26 really funny sounds with their 29 30 27 . Then the little boy’s something into his ear. do for you.” 34 just whistled across
for hours. They made sand castles and 28
father came with a wheelchair to The little orphan boy and faster he ran, 32 the two little boys’ faces. 31
up his son. The little orphan boy ran over to the boy’s father and
Then he ran over to his new friend and said, “You are my only friend and I hope there is something that I the little crippled boy on his back. 33
around and told his new friend to slide up onto his back. He then began to run across the grass. Faster and harder he ran across the park. Soon the
The little boy’s father began to cry as he watched his son flapping (拍打) his at the top of his voice, “I’m flying, daddy. I’m flying!” 16. A. wished 17. A. what 18. A. for 19. A. the other 20. A. ran away 21. A. ever 22. A. So 23. A. exciting 24. A. classmates 25. A. said 26. A. took 27. A. noses 28. A. look 29. A. shouted 30. A. can 31. A. went 32. A. carrying 33. A. Slower 34. A. sun 35. A. ears 三、阅读理解 B. thought B. how B. about B. another B. came back B. even B. But B. interesting B. birds B. fought B. made B. ears B. get B. cried B. must B. looked B. holding B. Faster B. rain B. head C. agreed C. why C. on C. more C. got in C. never C. However C. sad C. friends C. ran C. got C. feet C. put C. whispered C. will C. walked C. pulling C. Softer C. snow C. arms
up and down in the wind, all the while shouting D. wanted D. of D. with D. only D. returned D. always D. Therefore D. stressful D. roommates D. played D. listened D. mouths D. pick D. laughed D. need D. turned D. pushing D. Heavier D. wind D. feet
Post Test Clubs, or PTCs, are a great example of civil society in action. Found by partnerships between the Ugandan government and non-governmental organizations, they work at the community level to battle against AIDS. The only requirement for membership is to be tested for HIV. With only limited resources donated by organizations, PTCs have been able to do remarkable things in the battle against HIV / AIDS: Through music, dance and drama, they perform in community centers, churches and schools to teach people about HIV / AIDS. They encourage people to be tested, and then teach people how to avoid infection, and if infected, how to avoid spreading the disease. Their motto is “Living Positively”. Regardless of their disease status (状况), they believe a positive attitude will help them and their loved ones through difficult times. Margaret is a 43-year-old mother of two and a member of the Agolot Post Test Club in Tororo, Uganda. She reflects, “I had lost hope in life. This worsened after the death of my husband who left me with two children. I was about to die and actually I would be dead by now …” While laughing shyly, Margaret says, “Since I started taking the drugs and eating the food I was given, I have improved steadily.” She continues, “Through the plan, we received training in music, dance and drama. We are able to perform for our community members. We have also been trained in memory book writing. I have started writing my will and I will complete it soon. All that I have been taught will enable me to live longer and take care of my lovely boys.” 36. What is the passage mainly about? A. A group of people who fight against AIDS. B. The drugs used to cure AIDS. C. A club where people with AIDS can learn singing and dancing. D. An organization whose members all have been infected with HIV. 37. The members of the club do all of the following EXCEPT A. teach people how to avoid infection . B. let them know more about the disease 7
C. give the patients the possible operations
D. ask people to be tested for HIV .
38. The author mentions Margaret as an example to A. prove that the work of the club is successful B. show that women are more likely to be infected with HIV C. tell us about the poor medical conditions there D. show that she will make herself a writer in the future 39. According to Margaret, if she had not joined the club, A. she wouldn’t have taken good care of her children C. her husband would not have died 四、阅读表达
. B. she would have lost her children D. she would have died
No one exercise is better than another. Your only goals are to move your body, pump up your heart rate and have fun doing it. What you choose is a matter of preference. Here are the benefits some of the popular exercises have. WALKING Benefits: It doesn’t cost anything and won’t beat up your joints, and you can do it anywhere — down your street, at the mall, or in a park. Its low intensity (强度) makes it a good starting point for any exercise program. Tips: Start by just going out of the door. Breathe the air. Let your mind wander. Try to walk for at least ten minutes at first, and gradually JOGGING Benefits: It’s almost as inexpensive and convenient as walking. Because it’s more intense than walking, you can get better exercise in less time. It also feels more serious than walking, which can strengthen your sense of accomplishment. Tips: Instead of a run, set out for a “wog” — a walk-jog. Start out by walking quickly, then progress into a run. When you feel winded, walk again. As you become better conditioned, you’ll find yourself jogging more and walking less. SWIMMING Benefits: By taking the load off joints, swimming is one of the exercise least likely to injure you, especially if you’re overweight. It’s also highly aerobic (有氧的), depending as much on heart and lung capacity as muscle power. Tips: Start at a leisurely pace with strokes that keep your face out of the water. When your aerobic conditioning improves, you can start holding your breath longer. Make it a goal to do 10 laps without stopping. You might also decide to take a water-aerobics class if one is offered at a gym near you. 40. What is the best title of the passage? (Please answer within 10 words) 41. Which sentence in the passage can be replaced by the following one? If you are out of breath, you can stop running to walk again. 42. Please fill in the blank in the third paragraph with proper words or phrases to complete the sentence. (Please answer within 10 words.) 43. Which exercise do you think works best for you? Why? (Please answer within 30words) 44. Translate the underlined sentence in the fourth paragraph into Chinese. 五、书面表达 在日常生活中，因特网正在起着越来越重要的作用，但同时也带来了一些负面影响。最近你校举行了一次辩论赛，请根据 下表所给提示写一篇题为 The Internet 的议论文。 正方 获取最新最快的信息 方便发 e-mail、打电话 反方 不能保证信息的可靠性 不如写信和拜访 8 .
上网络学校、阅读各种书籍、自学外语等 欣赏音乐、观看体育比赛、玩游戏 网上购物方便快捷
缺少面对面的交流 越来越多的青少年沉迷于网络； 对眼睛不利 产品质量难以保证，时常出现骗局
要求：1. 词数 120 左右；2. 文章必须包括表格内所有信息，可适当发挥使文章连贯通顺；3. 文章开头和结尾已给出，不计入 总词数。 The Internet Recently our school sponsors a debate on the advantages and disadvantages of the Internet. On the one hand, it is agreed that the Internet is playing a more and more important part in our daily life.
In my opinion, every coin has two sides. We should learn to make the best of the Internet, trying to be its master instead of its servant.
Unit 3 答案 一、单词拼写 1. stress 2. automatically 3. mentally 4. quit 5. ashamed 6. eventually 7. statement 8. perfectly 9. basic 10. judgement 11. cigarette 12. alcohol 13. Adolescents 14. addictive 15. pregnant 16. Production 17. illegal 18. female 19. comprehension 20. risk 二、汉译英 1. Recently, my brother has got into the habit of smoking, which made my parents very worried. 2. No matter what happens, I will stand for you. 3. It is difficult for me to understand why he is so addicted to the Internet. 4. The convenience of our life today is largely due to the development of science. 5. As long as you don’t give up on halfway, you’ll realize your dream eventually. 6. Although I met with many difficulties, I managed to get the opportunity to go abroad. 7. The little boy used to sleep late in the morning, but now he has become accustomed to getting up early. 8. In spite of the danger of being hurt, the brave reporter went to interview that important event. 9. It is natural that you take lots of risks if you want to succeed in business. 10. I think you should be ashamed of what you have done. 三、高考连线 1—5 DADDC 6—10 AAAAC 11—15 ABAAA 16 B 语法专练：1—5 DDDDD 6—10 CCCDD 11—15 DCBCC 16—18 ADC
一、单项选择 1—5 BCADB 6—10 CACDB 11—15 DDCBD 二、完形填空 16—20 ACDBA 21—25 ABCCD 26—30 BDDCA 31—35 DABDC 三、阅读理解 36—39 BDDC 四、阅读表达 40. Good Ways to Keep You Fit 41. When you feel winded, walk again. 42. lengthen your walks as you feel more comfortable 43. Walking. I have the habit of walking in the early morning. The air is fresh and it is quiet. Walking makes me feel relaxed. Now I am healthy and strong. 44. 感觉慢跑比散步更需要认真对待，这能够增强你的成就感。 五、书面表达 … We can read the latest information as quickly as possible. It is convenient to send e-mails or make telephone calls on the Internet. Besides, we can attend net-school, read a variety of books and even teach ourselves English. It
is also a good way to enjoy music, watch sports games, play computer games and even do shopping online. On the other hand, the Internet is bringing some problems. First, the information on the Internet is not so reliable, and reading in front of the screen is not good for eyes. Second, e-mails and phone calls are not so friendly as letters and personal visits. Next, learning on the Internet is less effective than face-to-face teaching. Fourth, more and more teenagers are becoming addicted to it. Finally, shopping on the Internet proves to be a trick sometimes. …