Unit 21 Human Biology Lesson 3 Epidemics Explained
课题 Unit 21 Lesson3 Epidemics Explained
课型 Reading 第 3 课时
1. To learn some useful words and expressions.
2. To complete the exercises about the text.
1. To develop the students' reading ability.
2. To improve the Ss’ speaking ability
情感目标 To understand the text and get more about the epidemics.
重 点 The useful expressions in Lesson 3. 内容
难 点 Learn some useful reading and speaking strategies. 分析
关 键 点 The words, phrases and the grammar
Team-work and communication approach.
Multi-media A tape recorder
I Warming up Ⅰ. Warming up
1. Listen to the song “Tears in
2. What’s your feeling after hearing the
3. Why was the singer so sad?
4. What else may cause death?
5. Epidemics can cause more deaths than
1. To present question 1 What’s the main idea of the text? A. New health threats is on the rise. B. A lot of epidemics happened in history. C. SARS used to be out of control, now people are trying to stop it on the track. D. We should pay more attention to our health. 2. We can predict what will happen in the text from the title In this text, some epidemics in the history will be talked. 3. Give more titles and ask the Ss what will be talked A. Epidemics B. Epidemics and economy C. SARS D. The history of the Black Death III. While-Reading
ⅢWhile-Reading 1. To present question 2 Read the following graphic and try to tell which epidemics are described? (To see the PPT.) 2. We will try to know some basic information about epidemics in history.
plague ) :
North Africa, the Middle East,
The Black Death : 1330
Europe, Asia, Africa, the middle East
The Great Flu Epidemic (The Spanish
Flu) : 1918
Similar as the Black Death
SARS : 2002/2003
China , Canada, Hong Kong
IV. Conclusion 1. Read (Find ) the title carefully 2. Read the text fast and get the general idea 3. Read the text carefully and understand related science terms 4. Try to know more science knowledge through reading the text carefully 5. To figure out the development of the text
教育配套资料 K12 板 书 设 计 教 学 反 思