1. Don't turn off the computer before closing all programs,_____you could have problems. 2. Read this story, _______you will realize that not everything can be bought with money. 3. It's not easy to change habits, _______with awareness and self-control, it is possible. 4. We had hardly sat down to supper_______ the phone rang. 5. Make a mark_______you have any questions. 6. One can't do extreme sports ________he or she has had some training. 7.________the weather has improved, the game will be held as planned. 8. __________I am willing to help, I don’t have much time available. 9._________ carefully I explained, she still didn’t understand. 10. The project was not completed as early _______we had expected. 11. _______he improved his IT skills, he’d easily get a job. 12. Check carefully, _______any mistakes could be caught. 13. He is so great a poet________ we all admire him. 14. How long will it be________ the computer company puts forward a new product? 15. Never lose heart__________ difficulty you may meet with in your life. 16. ________ we have enough evidence, we can't win the case. 17. The movie Life of Pi is so attractive that it holds the audience's curiosity_______the story reaches the end. 18._________you have to do the job, you should try your best to do it well even though it may be very difficult for you. 19. I was wondering what to do with my car which won't start ________a kind man offered to help. 20.How can they expect to learn anything _________they never listen? 单项选择 21. Tom looked upon the test as an obstacle _____ his classmates regarded it as a challenge. A. while B. because C. unless D. if 22. I had hardly got to the office ______ my wife phoned me to go back home at once. A. when B. than C. until D. after 23. The elderly people still prefer to live in the countryside, ________ city life is considered as convenient and fast. A. unless． B. while C．though D．as 24.After the war, a new school building was put up ________ there had once been a theatre. A. that B．where C．which D．when 25. You must learn to consult your feelings and your reason ________ you reach any decision.
26. I took my driving license with me on holiday, ________ I wanted to hire a car. A．in case B．even if C. ever since D．if only he wants to.
27. He is so busy. He cannot afford enough time with his son ________ A．as if B．because C．before D．even if
28. Scientists are warning that ________ emissions of carbon (碳排放) are cut, we could be heading for an environmental disaster. A．before B．as C．unless D．in case
29. I will accept Jerry coming with us, ________ he pays for his own meals. A．only if B．so that C．ever since D．even though
30. ________ H7N9 is a deadly virus, it is still safe to eat thoroughlycooked chicken. A．Until B．While C．If D. Since
31. Jerry has promised to keep the secret, so he won't tell anyone ________ asked to. A．until B．now that C．unless D．even though
32.________ we gave him something to eat, he would save it up for his little sister. A．Whatever B．However C．Whenever D．Whichever
33. ________ the news, so far, has been good, there may be days ahead when it is bad. A．While B．When C．Because D．If
34. The woman rushed out ________ she felt the house shaking.
A．until B．immediately C．unless D．before
35. —Did you inform Helen of the plan put forward at the meeting? —Of course. ________ I saw her. A．So long as B．If only C．The moment D．Any time 36. It will be another 50 years ______ our country is expected to reach the level of a medium developed country. A．since B．before C．that D．when 37. House prices vary from place to place and are usually high ________ there are famous schools. A．when B．since C．where D．whether 38. —I don't mind how you do it ______ you finish the painting on time. —OK, I see.
A．as well as
B．as far as
C．as long as
D．as fast as
39. —Was it 11 o'clock ________ your father came back last night? —Yes, he is always coming back so late. A．that B．while C．when D．until 40. ________ you need something, please don't hesitate to let me know. A．Even though B．In case C．As though D．Even if
41. Mr. Smith doesn't go to his usual club, ________ it is being decorated these days. A．for B．yet C．so D．or
42. It is comforting to see that ________， we are doing our part for the environment. A．as small may be we B．as we may be small C．small as may be we D．small as we may be 43. ________ much advice you give him, he does exactly what he wants. A．No matter B．Whether C．Whatever D．However
44. ________ my teacher didn't tell me directly, I still felt that I didn't live up to her expectation. A．When B．Since C．As D．While 45. _____ he stops driving himself like this, he'll have a breakdown. A．Until B．Once C．Since D．Unless
46. Have you ever heard of the English saying “Strike the iron ________ it is hot.”？ A．while B．unless C．after D．until 47. Just use this room for the time being, and we'll offer you a larger one ________ it becomes available. A．as soon as B．unless C．as far as D．until 48. Crossing roads without taking traffic lights into consideration, ________ they are part of a crowd, has been labeled as the “Chinese style of crossing roads.” A．since B．as if C．though D．so long as
49. Provide your doctor with a detailed medical history ________ he can give you accurate treatment. A．even if B．in case C．so that D．as though 50. ________ the parking regulations have become stricter, more people will use public transport and leave their cars at home. A．Now that B．Even though C．In case D．In order that
51. ________ Sandy's damage is unlikely to last long, it would apparently hurt the total economic output of the fourth quarter. A．Since B．Before C．Unless D．Although
52. ________ you read English easily, you'll find it is another cup of tea to make conversation in English. A．So long as B．As soon as C．Even if D．Only if
53. —Well, Jane has many advantages, too. —Oh, yes. ________ others are weak, she is strong. A．If B．Where C．Though D．When 54. In peace, too, the Red Cross is expected to send help ______ there is human suffering. A. when B. whenever C. whether D. unless 55. The old lady could give the child sympathy, ________ any practical help would be beyond her. A．or B．so C．and D．but
56. —I wonder how much you charge for your services. —The first two are free ________ the third costs $30. A．while B．until C．when
57. Hot ___ the night air was, we slept deeply because we were so tired after the long journey. A. although B. as C. while D. however 58. Viewers continue to watch TV _____ they complian about the quality of the programming. A. even though B. as if C. as long as D. unless 59. He had no sooner finished his speech ____ the students started cheering. A. since B. as C. when D. than 60. _____ they decide which college to go, students should research the admission procedures. A. Once B. As C. While D. Until 61. I have a tight budget for the trip, so i’m not going to fly______ the airlines lower the ticket prices. A. once B. if C. after D. unless 62. One’s life has value _____ one brings value to the life of others. A. so that B. no matter how C. as long as D. except that 63. ____ I always felt I would pass the exam, I never thought I would get an A.
64.I wonder if he _____ us, and I think if he _____ us, we’ll be able to complete the task ahead of time. A. helps, helps B．will help, helps C. helps, will help D．will help, will help
65.______ everybody is here, Let’s begin our meeting. A．Now that B．Because C．For D．When
66. The cartoon “Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf” appeals so much to children _____ it caters well to their taste. A. that B. which C. because D. while 67. It’s safe to eat food after the “best before” date on the package, ______ the food will no longer at its best. A. but B so C.until D. before 68. You will be successful in the interview _____ A.before B.once you have confidence. C.until
69. —What should I wear for the English speaking composition? —Dress ____ you like. A．which B．what C．however 70. Medicine shouldn't be kept ________ it is accessible to children. A．even if B．which C．where
71. These examples show that all individuals, ______ they are rich or poor, should be responsible _____ they are involved in law. A. if; when B. if; as long as C. whether; as long as D. whether; since 72. —They suggest the number of cars should be limited to stop air pollution. —______________ ，the idea is not very practical. A. Sounds good as it B. As it sounds good C. As good it sounds D. Good as it sounds 73. ______________,a form must be filled in. A. To ask for his job C. Making request for his job
B. In order to get his job D. If you want to get this job
74. The husband rushed to the hospital______________ he heard that his wife was injured. A. at the moment B. for the moment C. in a moment D. the moment
75. The thief glanced about now and then________ he knew he was being followed. A. even if B. as though C. in case D. so that 76. _______on, the trees turned green. A. When spring coming B. Spring comes D. Spring coming
C. When spring to come
77. The earth goes round the sun_______ the moon goes around the earth. A. so that B. just like C. just as D. as how 78. “He hasn’t got any hobbies——_______you call playing games on computer a hobby.” Mr. Lin said. A. If B. Unless C. When D. Since 79. Let Helen do the job, __________. A. if she does B. if she will C. whether she does
D. if she like
80. All the living things _______, couldn’t live without the sun. A. no matter are they animals or plants B. not only plants but also animals C. whether they are animals or plants D. even if they are animals
篇章演练: 阅读下列两篇短文, 按照句子结构的语法性以及句意和词性, 填写适当的关系词 (A) Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night in the home of a wealthy family. The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion’s guestroom. Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement. 81. _______ they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it. When the younger angel asked 82. ________ the older angel replied, “ Things aren’t always 83._______they seem.” The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, 84._______ very hospitable farmer and his wife. After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed 85. _______ they could have a good night’s rest. 86. ________ the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears. Their only cow, 87.________milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field. The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel, “How could you have let this happen ?”. “The first man had everything, yet you helped him,” she accused. “The second family had little 88. ________was willing to share everything and you let the cow die.” “Things aren’t always what they seem, “ the older angel replied. “ 89._________ we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I noticed there was gold stored in the hole in the wall. 90.________the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune. I sealed the wall so he wouldn’t find it”.
(B) My mother insisted 91.thateveryone in her life treat her with respect. 92. Thoughshe wasn't wealthy 93. or well educated, my mother not only understood and appreciated her value, 94. but believed in it strongly. 95. When she learned my father was cheating on her, she insisted 96.that he move out of our home. Not the next day or the next week. . . . To me, as a child, 97. that she refused to take my father back seemed harsh（严酷,恶劣）, even cruel. As a woman, however, I have come to understand it. For my mother, putting Daddy out of the house 98. and her life wasn't about pride; it was about principle. The one had always lived by. The one 99. who(m)she believed in with all her heart: No one was going to love and respect you 100. unless you loved and respected yourself.